Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Thanks for the info. Somewhat bizarre. I assume he’s involved somehow then?

Please do. This is really close for me and would be interested in learning more for sure.

You’d have to think he’s affiliated. Not sure how. They could be using his position in local sports media to help get word out. He retweeted something from the Lost Rail account. Odd thing is Pospisil usually covers golf for the OWH, not Dirk.

The Platteview GM was telling me about this last Saturday. Really excited to see this develop.

1 Like

I love Omaha.

1 Like

Been playing Benson lately and it is in great shape… wanting to get a game together next week/weekend. Who is interested?

I just asked my father-in-law about Lost Rail. He said that Landscapes Unlimited is doing the course construction for Lost Rail. They did irrigation and course construction for Sandhills Golf Club, Prairie Club, Hillcrest, Shadow Ridge, etc… My father-in-law is good friends with Bill Kubly, the owner of LU, and we are playing golf with him tomorrow. Ill get more info on the course.

8 Likes

Anyone ever play the Prairie Club in Valentine?

No, but a few acquaintances have, one is a member.

Next time I go visit the family in Stuart/Atkinson, I’m going to play Prairie Club. I’ve heard great things.

Hey my wife is from Bloomfield. Hit me up and we should go play Tatanka!

Sounds good man. I reside in Houston, TX but have a ton of family in Stuart and Atkinson.

1 Like

I think Prairie Club is where @sundaybag and the BCN crew got a lot of inspiration from, specifically the Horse Course. They put together some great content for Prairie Club last fall I think.

2 Likes

I’d be up for an early Sunday morning.

I’ve played it a few times. Stunning course and club. Highly recommend it.

1 Like

Fun courses, pretty cool to have two different styles right next to each other. 36/36 and then goofing off on the Horse course makes for a fantastic trip.

1 Like

Never played it, but have a group heading out that way for our annual Ryder Cup in August. Hitting up Tatanka on the way out and Frederick Peak (new 10 holer in Valentine) too. So excited to get out there.

2 Likes

Indian Creek raised cups…

Putting out a request to anyone on here to notify the thread when Indian Creek puts the cups at least a half inch below ground. With all the other options I’m not planning on going back out there until they do, but I do miss the place.

Thx!

SHould be soon i think. They’ve gone to foam below ground level at Shadow Ridge finally.

Best Covid hole solution goes to Miracle Hills. This plastic thing was at a 2/3 golf ball depth, never more or less. Under-rated feature is it’s the only modified hole that makes a pleasing sound. It’s definitely not the familiar hollow rattle at the bottom of a cup with no stick, but it was a nice echo-y thud that was satisfying when holing putts. No one ever had a putt hit it and bounce out which I’ve seen plenty of with the foam; then the group has to decide if it was a lip-out or a foam bounce.

So, +1 to Miracle Hills.

2 Likes