Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

I have a noon time for four people so we should be good.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to practice my patent pending sky shank before our tee time.

1 Like

Finally got ahold of them…next available was 12:37 and 12:45. Might try and get there early enough to say hey on the first tee

1 Like

Great to see that the temps are starting to turn! I tried calling Goodman and Benson yesterday and today and haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone. Have you guys been calling for tee times or going online?

Here’s my list. Remember, I live full time in Chicago. My in laws live in Lincoln, so we frequent Omaha and there quite a bit.

Private

1. Sand Hills
  2. Firethorn GC
  3. Dismal River

Public

1. The Prairie Club (Dunes)
  2. The Prairie Club (Pines)
  3. Tatanka

As I was telling @aannddyy00 earlier, Ill be back in the area March 20-23 and would love to play a round at Firethorn with anyone who is available.

4 Likes

I live in Lincoln, so I’ll always be around. A mutual buddy of mine runs the restaurant there.

1 Like

Where in Lincoln do you live? In laws in our at Firethorn

1 Like

I live near 17th and VanDorn near Lincoln CC. I was actually referencing Firethorn. I signed up for the trip @aannddyy00 is spearheading this summer and saw then that you mentioned the in-laws are members at Firethorn. Superintendent also plays shuffleboard with a good buddy of mine whose wife happens to be the GM at Platteview CC. Basically a half a degree of separation for everyone in Nebraska.

2 Likes

IN. Correct grammar

1 Like

FWIW, called yesterday, and TPC may open Sunday.

Heard that but not for sure. I’m still going to play benson Sunday.

Yeah I’m not taking chances with the great weather, playing Willow Lakes Saturday. We’ll have to get a round in at TPC, I’m usually Icarito Jr. on the front 9.

2 Likes

@Mwilhelm10 @jefranks30 @chipcaffey

I got the go ahead to play 9, and possibly 18 depending for tomorrow.

2 Likes

Beautiful day. Tear it up fellas. Would love to peg it with some local refugees after tax season.

1 Like

Great to hear that some of you went out and played yesterday! Super jealous, as it is still too cold to play here in Chicago.

Just wanted to see again who is interested in playing Firethorn GC in Lincoln when I am there? I will be there Saturday, March 21 - Monday, March 23. Realistically, we could play on Sunday, March 22 early in the morning. We’re going to be there for my sister-in-law’s birthday, so I cant commit to a round that is midday (unfortunately!). Also, if anyone would want to play somewhere on Monday, I would be up for that! We dont fly out until 9pm that night.

I know @aannddyy00 @Mwilhelm10 @chipcaffey expressed interest in playing. If you guise want to play, send me a DM and we can coordinate and let you know what the green fees are, etc. If more are interested, I can see about getting a second group out to play.

2 Likes

Early mornings are better for me as well

1 Like

Anyone able to get out Saturday morning? Just got the go ahead that my MIL will be in town both friday and saturday, so i could probably play friday after work somewhere for 9 as well.

Guise, weather is looking pretty gloomy for golf this coming week. Arriving this coming Thursday and it looks like rain and cold temps? What gives?

Payback for the weekend in the 70s a few weeks back. Mother nature giveth and taketh away.

Shoutout Midwest weather!