Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Total noob move here but can’t seem to figure out how to send you a dm. I’m curious about what you have going on at WH on July 19. Send me a message and let me know if you need others to join ya.

2 Likes

Sure! I’ve got both cabins for Friday and Saturday night.

They’ve got an event that Saturday, so won’t promise tee times. But I’m certain we’ll be able to get 9 in for sure and probably 18 late in the day Saturday. Hoping to do 36 Sunday. Hoping to maybe get to McCook or Awarii Saturday morning. Depending on travel plans, maybe catching a loop Friday afternoon at Wild Horse. It’ll be fun.

I’ll start a thread on it for anyone involved. Only have room for 16 in the cabins, but the comfort inn is nice if we have more.

2 Likes

I’d love to join. I live in chicago, but can make the trip for this. I played WH last summer and then headed up to Sandhills and Prairie Club. So good! We could all play at Firethorn GC in Lincoln in the way out on Friday if you wanted. My father in law is a member and could get us on.

1 Like

That would work for me too! I’ve never played firethorn.

How sweet is sand hills?!? What’d you do on 17? That’s the best par 3 I’ve ever played. Hands down.

1 Like

I’m definitely down!

Sounds good!

I’ll get a list going shortly

1 Like

I’d be interested in details if a trip does get thrown together. Haven’t made it out to those courses in a couple years.

I’ll have a thread up eventually! I’ll make sure to link it in here.

4 Likes

Last summer at WH I turned in a NLU towel I found in the fairway. You’re welcome…to whoever.

1 Like

Would love to join, but I’ll be in Okoboji for a family vacation. Looking forward to hearing everyone’s reaction to Wild Horse though. I love that place. Hopefully sneaking out there early this summer.

That was you!!! I claimed it when they were getting rid of the lost and found at the end of the year. I posted on insta that I’d send it on to whomever claimed it. I currently have 2 if someone wants the other.

1 Like

Ha! That’s great. I originally thought it was mine but realized it was a stray.

Hello everyone, Michael here as an Omaha Native. I am a member at Players Club, my chateau relaxo is downtown and always down to play Johnny or Benson for a game. I’ve played far too many courses in the area so let me know if you want suggestions!

4 Likes

Welcome! I don’t live in Omaha (live in Chicago), but my wife and her family are from Omaha and Lincoln. They are members at Firethorn Golf Club and I know a member through them at Players Club. I hear its a great club! I get back there often and play a lot of golf in the area.

1 Like

Central Omaha. 3 index. Play everywhere with a top heavy mix of Benson, Indian Creek, Tiburon. I work often on weekends and therefore often have weekdays off. Most of my golf is on weekdays with 9:30-10:30 tee times if anyone is looking for a game with those parameters this summer.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, new to the refuge been following NLU for about 2 years now. Glad to see there’s an Omaha group to jump in. Play a lot at Indian Creek and pretty much anywhere else around the area (not a member at a club, yet). Although, I would like to play more in Lincoln this year. Any suggestions to play in star city ?

2 Likes

Did anyone get out this weekend? I hit balls at Indian Creek, including Sunday in a t-shirt; it was glorious! Pretty crazy, their greens are still/already pure. I’m ready for the season to begin.

1 Like

I hit a few balls and played the executive nine at Wilderness. There were two ~13 year olds playing in front of us and one of them holed out on a 155yd par three. He threw his club, sprinted up to the green, and threw his hat in celebration. Pretty cool scene to start the year!

2 Likes

Man, I wish Omaha had something like Wildnerness’s Nebraska Golf Academy membership.