Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

I’ve had good results with lessons at Golf USA as well. JR does a good job in terms of making simple and effective changes rather than completely tearing down a swing. Only drawback is hitting into a sim there rather than outside. Have heard good things about lessons at Indian Creek (probably best public practice area in Omaha and pretty close to you if in West Omaha) and Miracle Hill (practice facilities have improved a lot over the years).

1 Like

Yes sir Indian is where most of the grinding goes on and only a 10 min drive. Do you know what is going in on the far right side of the Miracle range?

They are completely upgrading their short-game area; they seemed to kind of forget about it for a while.

:eyes:

6 Likes

I saw this, I really like the format, however as I told @coryschu3 if Herbie is gonna be in overalls (leaving out basketball/wrestling) and they aren’t blue, what are we even doing here?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/HuskersGolf/status/1648001016653045761

8 Likes

Give me this on a hat ASAP as possible

4 Likes

They added a “wedge range” at the end of last year, targets spread out from 30-100 yards and within the next week or so they’re going to complete another short game area for chip shots and putting. The green in that area will be turf and the practice bunker will be real sand. They posted some pictures on their FB page about it, looks pretty nice.

1 Like

All the options from the brand book. Layering overalls on top of a polo could be the move this summer.

I saw some of the golf team wearing hats with this one on it which I’m a fan of.

6 Likes

No shit? I’ve only been to their range once earlier last year. Is it up by the normal range? Wedge distance control is one of my biggest issues and I would use the hell out of this.

Yep, just give me everything in the left 2 columns, they all look great. I don’t understand the red overalls or white and black.
Also need to see more of that cursive script, it looks really good

3 Likes

Yeah it’s right next to the normal range, off on the far right (south) side of Miracle’s property. It’s hard to see it if you’re standing on the normal range as it sits down a little lower off that hill. Then the new chipping/putting area will be right next to that too. Here’s a pic of it from their FB.

4 Likes

On first glance at the unread topics tab today I thought the Omaha thread was really popping off, like in an Aannddyy back at full steam kind of way:

2 Likes

First time posting. Doing a road trip cross country and I will be driving through Nebraska the end of May. Planning on playing Wild Horse. Other than that I am looking for suggestions. I might stay a couple of days in NE just to break up the drive. Might not get another chance to play golf out here. Anything helps. Thanks

2 Likes

If u are willing to get off the interstate drive north to Tatanka and the Prairie Club. I’d say go to Landmand too but their tee sheet is sold out for the entire summer.

If u want to stay on the interstate the whole way through Awarri Dunes and Bayside are probably your best bets. Not sure if Quarry Oaks is renovating this summer but if that’s open that’s another one to look at along the interstate.

Of all the courses I’ve mentioned I’d say the Prairie Club tops the list.

Thanks for the feedback. I might have to play Awarri Dunes as I am from Ireland and just read the course was inspired by trips to Ireland. FYI Quarry Oaks is closed until 2024.

Frederick Peak is budget (better) prairie club if your looking for some Sandhills golf around Valentine. And I second Tatanka of your looking for variety in Northern NE. Indian Creek is the only Omaha course worth stopping for if you stay on i80. And bayside is a trip in Ogallala as far as western NE goes. Awarii is fun. It’s kind of an easier, greener version of Wildhorse with more blind shots.

2 Likes

Appreciate that info. What’s your take on Wildhorse? Worth stopping at? From what I’ve looked at I’ll be driving on I-80.

Sorry I thought Wildhorse was a given. You won’t find any arguments from us that that’s the best we’ve got. And if you find a better $75 round on your journey let us know. Walk it (and Awarii) if that’s your jam.

2 Likes

Wildhorse is a must stop and probably worth two rounds. Not even a question it’s the best course in the I-80 corridor.

4 Likes