Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Dinner at Jams was??

I got the Bucatini with meatballs - was pretty damn good for a place that isnā€™t an Italian joint. Wife got the short rib tacos.

Very solid meal. Now have to figure out either a really late lunch or very early dinner before a 7:00 show.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention their portions skew LARGE. I have dreams about the short rib grilled cheese

Block 16, Croque Carcon burger for today. Whatever fries speak to you.

Assuming you went to Kreischer? How was he?

3 Likes

Going tonight, 7:00 show, front row.

2 Likes

Front Row?? Youā€™re just making me more and more jealous

1 Like

We got VERY lucky. He mentioned on an IG story a few months back that they would be re-releasing some seats soon. We saw him in STL last year, but the idea of a Netflix taping sounded fun.

I actually forgot about it for about a week, then just randomly logged on to the Ticket Omaha site - only to see a pair of seats front row center.

Iā€™ve seen Segura twice this year front row, and now Bert. While paying face value. Right place, right time.

1 Like

Any good liquor stores I need to check out within walking distance of The Peregrine?

Unfortunately I canā€™t think of many downtown, most are further out west, if you have time to drive 20-30 minutes.

I got a bottle of Willett Purple top one time at the Looking Glass downtown. Itā€™s the front for a speakeasy called the Wicket Rabbit. Cool place, but they donā€™t usually have allocated stuff like that sitting around

Donā€™t sleep on the breakfast at the Peregrine. Wife and I were there in October and the churro French toast was absolutely outrageous

1 Like

Omaha folks - those of you who are in a weekly league at any of the public courses, which course, what do they charge for fees, does it include a cart, and how many weeks? Iā€™ve been in a league at Miracle Hills since 2015 and weā€™ve got away with having very cheap fees for a long time, but theyā€™ve increased our fees every year for the past 3 years. Trying to gauge if itā€™s worth going to a different/better course if the price is going to be the same as Miracle. Much appreciated.

Iā€™m in one at Indian Creek. Itā€™s somewhere around $26 but you have to pay extra for a cart

3 Likes

Iā€™m a little upset, the two styles they let people vote on on twitter that i liked the least were these two.

I really liked #2

1 Like

Inspired by @shonseymp in the Fitting thread, favorite golf shop or pro shops in Omaha? Or maybe individuals youā€™ve had good fitting experiences with at shops?

He mentioned Golf USA which piqued my interest as itā€™s barely on my radar. Iā€™ve walked in and the place is a different vibe with the separate areas and seemingly low staffing. It almost seems like a private club Iā€™m not supposed to be in. I mostly stick to Golf Galaxy and sometimes Austadā€™s when itā€™s more convenient.

I canā€™t speak highly enough of Jason and the guys at Golf USA. Iā€™d give them 6 stars out of 5 on Google if I could. Over the past year Iā€™ve completely rebuilt my bag with him. Did wedges last fall, irons this spring, and then driver and 3 wood just a couple of months ago. If you walk in and say ā€œI want to be fit into the newest Titleist woods or Mizuno irons or Callaway wedgesā€, heā€™ll make that work. Or you can walk in and say ā€œIā€™m completely brand agnostic and just want what is best for my gameā€, and he will make that work too (this is what I did). They also wonā€™t upsell you on a head or shaft if a stock option is just as good as the expensive one. I have not done a putter fitting there, but a friend of mine has and he really enjoyed the process. Happy to answer more specific questions.

2 Likes

I had a hilariously bad experience at Omaha Club Champion, so bad they didnā€™t even charge me for the driver fitting, but I realize thatā€™s probably an outlier at least in severity.

Iā€™m going to check out Golf USA more, itā€™s just as close to me as the others. Whatā€™s their sim fees, type, and availability like?

Also love Jason at Golf USA. I did a putter fitting, driver and wedges. Heā€™s also done retrofits to bend my irons to proper lofts in a gapping and lie angle session. He wonā€™t charge you for the fitting fee if you end up buying clubs and his rates if you donā€™t pull the trigger on anything are the best in town. He was the fitter for several years and bought out the owners a couple years back. Theyā€™re expanding the footprint there and have 3 GC quads now and a new putter fitting studio. I see what you mean with the vibe/staff but theyā€™re kind off just gruff dudes for the club builders, except for the old classic golf guy, heā€™s still the shit.

2 Likes

Love to hear this, I really like the clubs head that I have but Iā€™ve never been fit so I want to get one of these done to make sure Iā€™m in a good shaft model with correct lie angles. Definitely going to check them out.

Hello, Friendsā€¦

Great Plains Golf Club is requesting your attention over hereā€¦ hoping to see you act with your eyes and your fingertips!

Thanks, yā€™all!