Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

I’ve been scolded by an official there for playing a Saturday round in 4:10. Place is a joke. 0/10 recommend

ducks for rebuttal from lurking Iron Horse pro

3 Likes

Ruling with an Iron Horse

1 Like

Iron Horse is fine, some kinda fun holes, maybe not worth the drive/price/dodging shots online from the pro.
Not sure I can stand for a Highlands > Indian Creek argument though…

2 Likes

Iron Horse is woated if we are being honest with ourselves

1 Like

To clarify, I know Indian Creek is better and in better shape, I just found Highlands to be very fun and playable in an every day sense. Don’t want anyone from Elkhorn to lose it.

4 Likes

While we’re getting mad at local courses I just heard Tregaron bitched to the city of Bellevue that now that Willow Lakes is semi public they don’t have enough business so Willow might shut back down into being mostly military again in 2023, where you need a Vet in your group to play. Wish Willow could just up their non military fee or some other alternative.

1 Like

Tregaron should be turned into a park, or more homes, literally anything but a golf course. Fuck that place

6 Likes

Has Willow ever operated fully that way? I grew up playing that course, but my grandpa is retired military so not sure of their official rules. Didn’t know it was every fully private to military.

I think when we were kids you had to be in a tee time with a vet. Last couple years you can just get public tee times a couple days after they let the vets have their choice. When I was a junior they let us civilians screw around but that might not have been the norm for adults.

2 Likes

Two topics close to my heart. There’s no way of being vague enough for the person to not know I’m taking about them if they’re on here, but I don’t care if they see this. There was a guy who worked at a muni in Lincoln who was just a total jerk to everyone. I refused to go back to that course because he was so abrasive every time I went, and now he wound up at Iron Horse. Poetic.

The Highlands>Indian take is one I am here for. I have a soft spot for Highlands, and when in good condition it’s a top three public course in the Lincoln/Omaha area. Generally @shonseymp takes are very accurate, :call_me_hand:t4:, but we will get a bottle of Bourbon on our next golf trip and do a Highlands V Indian match play scenario. @jefranks30 can moderate.

7 Likes

If you were putting the Red 9 at Indian in I would entertain that take, but the black-gray combo is just too good to be beat!

Photo evidence of #6 Black popping yesterday

4 Likes

I’m too big a fan of the Red 9 at IC to let this take go unchecked. I’ve only played it once, but was too fun and I remembered it most and best from playing it.

It’s okay, just a few holes that make me scratch my head, 1 tee shot and 7 especially stand out to me

1 Like

You literally named two shots that nine challenges you to make.

The real reason red is the worst is that 2/3/4 is like golf groundhogs day.

2 Likes

Playing Wild Horse for the first time this Friday (it has taken me way too long to get out there) and then Awarii Dunes on Saturday. Anyone here played Awarii recently? Heard they had a rough winter/spring but have a coworker who played there at the end of September and said it was very playable, save a few rough spots in a few fairways (they just played it as ground under repair).

1 you could argue challenges you, but 7 is just a long-iron/hybrid then a wedge. It’s a “driveable” par 4, but only someone with half a brain would go for that green in 1.That’s why I feel like its bad, its a one-dimensional short 4. I hadn’t thought of this but as @MrHogan5 said 2-4 feel like pretty much the exact same hole.

1 Like

Extra special strange request. Searching for pencils to the Prairie Club and Ballyneal. Have an extra to Colorado Golf Club and Wild Horse.

On another note - any reviews on Lost Rail (need to make it out and play Landmand as well)
Cheers

Looks pretty cool. Anyone work for a giant company that can get a corporate membership and then us peons can mooch? thanks.

Are there any covered outdoor range stalls in town with a trackman? Apart from the Toptracer at topgolf and Miracle? I’m not sure if Indian has a launch monitor?