Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

None that I know of but might as well get it started here.

In NE/NC Neb you have Tatanka, The Prairie Club, a handful of really good 9 hole courses, and Landmand will be open in September.

Along I 80 you have Quarry Oaks, Awarri Dunes, and Wildhorse.

I’m not as versed in Omaha golf but sounds like Indian Creek and Benson are very good public courses.

Highlands is kinda a fun public course in Lincoln.

I am sure others can add more to the discussion than me. Let us know any specific questions you were thinking about.

Would love to do a trip eventually. Just more curious to hear about other peoples adventures and itineraries. Thanks for the recommendations!

I’ve done a
Awarii, wild horse, bayside I80 trip.
I’ve also done an
Old Dane, Tatanka, Crofton Lakeview (can/should add Indian Trails/Landmand in the future to anything northeast)
This summer I’m kind of combining the two for a 12 hour loop starting in Omaha and hitting Frederick Peak and Prairie club in the middle.

1 Like

Frederick peak is super fun and the Prairie Club is flat out special in my opinion.

Other NE Neb 9 holers to add to your list: Hartington, Plainview, Springfield SD is really good and is very close to Tatanka. Summerland is kinda interesting too by Ewing.

Lots of good golf in this state.

1 Like

Hey all, I just got offered a gig just outside of Omaha for May 14th, so I’ll probably be looking to play somewhere the morning of the 15th before driving back to MSP. Looks like Indian Creek is a popular spot, but anywhere else I should be looking? And if anyone has that swanky private club connect they’re dying to share with me, feel free to slide into those dm’s. :wink:

2 Likes

Johnny Goodman is a great muni track that’s a relatively easy walk. You can get a weekend round for about $40-45 that way.

Unfortunately no good hookups here, but if you’re looking for people to play with, would love to join you at Indian! That, Benson, or Johnny Goodman would be my recommendations for you

2 Likes

Benson National - such a good/fun course

1 Like

That’d be fun! I’ll pm you as we get closer.:metal:t2:

1 Like

https://www.playwildhorse.com/rates
Inflation has hit our gem, thanks obama.

4 Likes

They need to triple it

3 Likes

Hello Gentlemen -

My name is Colby Dutton. Recently made the move to Omaha for a new job after finishing law school at KU.

Been here about 2 weeks and haven’t had a chance to get out yet, but I’ve done some research on some local muni’s and 9-hole tracks.

If anyone is ever looking to get out and wanting to play with a guy playing off about a 15, give me a shout.

Happy to be here.

6 Likes

Colby -

First off, RCJH.

Second, I see you haven’t been on the refuge for a while, are you familiar with the NLU Roosts?

If you’re interested, please consider this an invitation to join us in Great Plains Golf Club. message me if you have any questions, or if you’d like to join I can set you up.

@tnord it has been a while since I’ve hopped on here (busy times) and I have not heard about the roots. I’d love some information/to join. I appreciate the invitation!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojC0mg2hJCc

Seed 2.0 is a pretty good jumping off point.

6 Likes

Someone please fill me in on Fremont Golf Club… got an invite to play there. Is that place private or semi private. I’ve never played there so was just curious what the place had to offer for someone who’s never been there before? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Cc: @shonseymp

2 Likes

Private, but I think they are or used to be on that Nebraska Passport deal?
I like it, tight golf course with some fun holes, a few dumb greens, but overall good.

Your favorite course is FGC right?

38l33s

2 Likes