Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Any Field Club (Omaha) members on here? Just got called up to the majors from the waitlist. Excited to get some rounds in this year!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an honest Omaha golf question for all u guys. Where does Champions Run fit into the Omaha golf hierarchy? I obviously know OCC, Indian Creek, etc are top tier courses. Just curious to know how good Champions is as I was invited to play there in April if the weather agrees.

I would say definitely worth going and playing, although Iā€™m not sure what it costs. Itā€™sā€¦ good? I havenā€™t played it since the Prep Invite in high school, but itā€™s a good to solid course with some fun holes. Not gonna blow you away but I would definitely take the chance if offered to play.

1 Like

How long were you on the waitlist before getting the call? Aiming to join FCO in a couple of years, any tips or advice on the application process would be appreciated.

We put our name on the waitlist in October, so it didnā€™t take very long. They said that last year was the first year they had a waitlist for membership. Apparently their board approved additional golf memberships early this year to open up more spots.

We didnā€™t have any issues with the process. We were recommended to join the waitlist for a Clubhouse or Social membership if that opened up first to ensure that we were prioritized for a Golf membership. Luckily the golf membership opened up at the same time as the others.

1 Like

Itā€™s a fun track. I think Iā€™d rather play Indian creek.

2 Likes

Shameless plug for 2022:
A few friends and I are planning an outing to raise money for Mustaches 4 Kids Omaha / the 2022 partner charities (to-be-named on 3/28). The outing is April 30th at Pac Springs. $400 gets you a foursome, a post-outing dinner, and pin prizes. I know Pac Springs takes a lot of heat on here, but they do a great job organizing an outing, and itā€™s all for a great cause. Last year we raised $835k as an organization. Registration is live at the link below.

Weā€™re also looking for a few more sponsors/raffle prizes if you or your business would be interested. DM if youā€™re interested.

spreading the good word - I promise not to spam your roll call thread (often).

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/2022-refuge-roosts-local-clubs-club-championship-outline/63652/1428?u=tnord

2 Likes

Fellow Golf Nerds,

Thereā€™s a Masters student at UNO named Garrett thatā€™s doing a swing analysis study related to forces generated throughout the swing and back pain. I got connected to him via the Elmwood pro. You get dotted up like a video game green screen and hit about 25 7 irons and 25 drivers into a net off a force plate. He still needs about 10 volunteers to hit his 40 person goal, and is taking appointments for about 3 more weeks. It takes about 90 minutes for the swing analysis and then you meet him a few days later for about an hour to go over the reports after they comp you to other ā€œathletesā€. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a good way to get a few hundred dollar swing eval for free, plus generate more power more efficiently/safely. All handicaps welcome. He told me to have anyone reach out to him via text if you want. Garrett at (575) 937-6827

1 Like

Anyone familiar with the walkability factor of the two prairie club 18s compared to somewhere like Wildhorse or Awarii?

Prairie Club Pines is not a hard walk. Prairie Club Dunes is a hard walk bordering on donā€™t try it. That said try it once just be prepared for a difficult walk.

Played Awarri and Iā€™d say Pines is a slightly easier walk but itā€™s comparable. Never played Wildhorse so canā€™t compare that to any of the courses.

Wildhorse is a great and easy walk!

Walking Dunes would be a serious Opus Dei scenario. They might not even let you. The walk from the clubhouse to the first tee about a half mile too long (S/O Rory).

Pines is walkable. Itā€™s a bit more spread out than WH, but similar elevation change.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

They let u walk the dunes. They give u a cart ride out to the first tee box and drop u off. Then u are on your own. Itā€™s a journey from there.

1 Like

Just had my follow up with this kid to dive into the results and couldnā€™t be more impressed with how well he conveyed some very fancy data/software and dumbed it down to a baseball gripper with zero knowledge of my golf swing other than how hard I swing a driver and that I usually hit a fade. Gave me a few drills to improve swing sequence stuff and a bit of technique. Highly recommend.[quote=ā€œMrHogan5, post:679, topic:2913, full:trueā€]
Fellow Golf Nerds,

Thereā€™s a Masters student at UNO named Garrett thatā€™s doing a swing analysis study related to forces generated throughout the swing and back pain. I got connected to him via the Elmwood pro. You get dotted up like a video game green screen and hit about 25 7 irons and 25 drivers into a net off a force plate. He still needs about 10 volunteers to hit his 40 person goal, and is taking appointments for about 3 more weeks. It takes about 90 minutes for the swing analysis and then you meet him a few days later for about an hour to go over the reports after they comp you to other ā€œathletesā€. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a good way to get a few hundred dollar swing eval for free, plus generate more power more efficiently/safely. All handicaps welcome. He told me to have anyone reach out to him via text if you want. Garrett at (575) 937-6827
[/quote]

Love champs - not in the OCC echelon but I would put it on the same level if not better than the other private clubs in the area outside of OCC. Couple driveable par 4s and a gettable par 5 on the front, back 9 will stretch out quite a bit so get the front if you can, greens are always in great shape.

Had to post this in here, the Dubā€™s Dread Roost event for the @GreatPlainsGC is coming up and registration is now open to ALL participants.

If youā€™d like to play ā€” starts at 10am, Saturday April 16th ā€” please reach out to @tnord or myself via DM and we can try and get you access to the spreadsheet if you donā€™t have it already.

Open to ALL participants includes non-NLU peeps, but we are encouraging all members of GPGC to attendā€¦

With a month until game day, we hope this allows a little more time to plan for travel!

I apologize if there is a different thread somewhere and missed it but is there a ā€œNebraska golf road tripā€ discussion happening? There is so much good golf in the state but obviously very spread out. Just curious. Thanks for any recommendations.