Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Paging @aannddyy00

2 Likes

Do you know of places that would be open? Iā€™m not sure if the rest of this week is long enough for the ground to thaw out enough

Iā€™m definitely trying to get some swings in somewhere Saturday.

Indian Creek walking/CPO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> getting to drive on greens at any other public course within three hours* of Omaha. And it is not even close.

I just looked, and Quarry Oaks wants $79 weekend riding! Indian Creek is $60 :rofl:

*Wild Horse is 3.5 hours away.

4 Likes

I played highlands in Lincoln on last Saturday it was great!

1 Like

Isnā€™t @aannddyy00 a member at Iron Horse? Might be able to get a discounted rate.

1 Like

Public golf near Omaha, ranked:

1. Benson
  2. Goodman
  3. Elmwood
  4. Indian Creek
  5. Shoreline
  6. Quarry Oaks
  7. Stone Creek
  8. Pac Springs
  9. Jurassic Putt
  10. Medieval Putt
  11. Tregaron/Eagle/Tara
  12. Iron Horse
  13. Tiburon

The Pines probably falls near 5 or 6 if you can get on, Iā€™ve heard its a little trickier now than it used to be. Iā€™m not sure. Either way, the greens are as good as youll find anywhere in the state short of OCC/SH/WH.

Anyone suggesting Iron Horse should be played for anything, a) needs their head examined and b) should be banned from this message board.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Iā€™m a little upset you have Pac above Medieval and Jurassic Putt. Other than that Iā€™m good

3 Likes

no River Wilds is an insult

Ironic.

6 Likes

I was going to say it should be

Benson
Elmwood
Goodman
Indian

Otherwise he has a sound list.

Hello Nebraska! Iā€™m coming out Memorial Day weekend and wondering if you all had 1 round, where would you play in the area? Unfortunately my contact who is a member at OCC will be out of town. I will be with my family, so canā€™t expect any more than 1 outing.

Are you going to be in Omaha or where at?

Yep, Omaha proper, probably closer to downtown, but will have car.

Damn, that sucks you canā€™t get out to OCC, best in the area and it isnā€™t close.
Honestly right down the street, Benson, is a sneaky good course. Johnny Goodman is good, but the next best in the area behind OCC is Indian Creek

4 Likes

I know the guys at Landmand well. Canā€™t wait to get there and play it. I will get over there this spring sometime to see it for the first time. Not sure how soon they will let me on to take some swings but Iā€™m pumped for sure.

I donā€™t know anyone involved with the project but the fact that when I bought one of their hats I got a handwritten note by someoneā€™s kid (that is actually still on my fridge) really made it feel special and like the place is in great hands.

Yes I played Highlands in Lincoln last August and was pleasantly surprised. The course had way more character than I expected. I played Woodland Hills and Firethorn over the same three days but I thought Highlands held its own. Firethorn was the best of the bunch for sure but Iā€™d go played Highlands again anytime. Fun course.

Highlands is the course that I grew up on. I absolutely love it. Iā€™ve played it probably 100s of times and I never get sick of it.

1 Like