Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Quarry would be a pretty cool place for the tournament. I personally love it there.

1 Like

My selfish opinion, if it cant be Indian Iā€™d rather do Goodman/benson over pretty much anything else in Omaha proper. Bent Tree wouldnā€™t be a bad option across the river

1 Like

Canā€™t believe Goodman gets so much love over Willow Lakes. Johnny Dogleg has many trash holes (90 degree doglegs and such) and trash greens with far too severe slopes.

Willow has some quirk (back-to-back p5ā€™s and then p3ā€™s on the back 9) but is a much better designed course.

All that being said, and Benson being the course Iā€™ve logged the most rounds at in last 5 years, I canā€™t imagine driving from multiple states away to play Benson.

A Quarry then Iron Horse double is very do-able depending on the nature of this outing. Expensive by Nebraska standards, but pretty cheap coming from any metro.

1 Like

That would be a pretty great 36. I donā€™t know what the format is but that would be a cool way if it was a two-course 36.

Roost Regional Championship with STL Minne and Denver I think. Should be a stellar venue if we can find it.

Iā€™d love River Wilds up in Blair because I like funky public courses, but didnā€™t suggest it knowing itā€™s not a place you travel from destinations near and wide to come play.

Take this to the controversial takes thread!
IMO similar to benson, Johnny Appleseed would go from good to great with a little tlc and not the dumbass city running it. Only hope Iā€™ll give you thatā€™s a little quirky is #6
And this is to take nothing away from Willow! Willow is a great value and has some very fun holes.
If youā€™d like to rearrange the spot for the roost event, talk to our benevolent dictator @tnord
Also Iā€™m counting 3 90* doglegs at Goodman, 1,12,17

1 Like

Heā€™s asking for an alternate to IC for that event. Iā€™m making no suggestions. Yā€™all know better.

EDIT: if there were a suggestion for an alternate, maybe just another city? Des Moines? Just thinking of geographic centers of all these roosts.

I have no idea what this tourney is, just happy for some action in the Omaha thread :slight_smile:

If Indian Creekā€™s maintenance staff took over Goodman with double the budget, Iā€™m still out! And though you wonā€™t agree with that, I think that we all can agree that Goodman wouldnā€™t be a great place for tournament golf with a bunch of people playing if for the first time. Landing zones over the corners of all those dogs are sketchy the first lap.

2 Likes

I canā€™t agree with that thoughā€¦ I think what we would agree on is if the spot isnā€™t IC then Benson is likely the next batter up
@scagnetti river wilds is a sneaky pick! Supposedly a pseudo-doak i think?

1 Like

I mean RW is just a place I liked. Yeah I forget who exactly, but a Doak associate designed 9 new holes to integrate into the original 9. Most are on the back I believe. Fun little place.

1 Like

I think a Quarry Oaks/Iron Horse combo might be the best that the Omaha area has to offer if Indian Creek falls through. Iā€™d pick Quarry if you had to pick just one. Benson would be my next option on a random day after IC but agree with the sentiment that coming in from out of town to play 36 at Benson wouldnā€™t be all that exciting.

3 Likes

I play most of my golf out at RW, love that place. Itā€™s not overly long, but has some small greens to defend that

1 Like

I am not as familiar with all the Omaha courses playing most of my golf in Lincoln but I do think for a lot of people coming in for possibly the first time Quarry is a unique course for around here.

Itā€™d be 16 people, likely all from out of town for the roost regional. Iā€™ll check out the above mentioned courses.

2 Likes

Does it really matter if all yer gonna do in Nebraska is drink?

1 Like

@coryschu3 @shonseymp found the post in questionā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was thought! Damn that is sweet, Nebraska can proudly rep 2 Doakitoā„¢ designs

2 Likes

Iverson also built Staley Farms here in KC ā€” which sadly I havenā€™t played ā€” which is well respected and people rave about here.

Private so itā€™s not accessible but evidently a Doakito in KCMO as well!

Anyone want to try and play somewhere Saturday? High of 48, Iā€™m in linc but will go anywhere to play!