Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

I hear the Peter brothers are tracking for the Sports Psychology and D&I roles.

2 Likes

Sharing this with neighboring states. Early workings of a meet up in Des Moines next year focused on the original strapped season courses and the Iowa State Fair.

Return to the Birthplace of Strapped

2 Likes

Omaha Trap Draw then Omaha Strapped. Make it happen.

4 Likes

So cool to see Indian Creek getting deserved love on Golf Channel.

• ā€œThick roughā€¦ firm fast greensā€¦ this place is amazing conditions. I couldnā€™t think of a better venue to host the season finale.ā€
  • ā€œFor a public course, I have never seen anything remotely close to as good as these greens.ā€
  • ā€œGet this, you can place this place on the weekends for $66 with cart! That is crazy!ā€
  • ā€œAnd they have 27 holes here!ā€

I am an admitted homer about this place, so Iā€™m happy to see others appreciate it. Iā€™m spoiled it is a two-minute drive from my house.

@huskerkyle @shonseymp @jefranks30 and I are getting our teeth kicked in from the KFT tees Monday morning!

6 Likes

3 Likes

Our IC love runs deep! Only bad thing about it is I lose access to the best public practice facility thatā€™s maybe a mile from me during this week.
Iā€™m gonna get us some Sunday pin sheets and weā€™re getting deep in the process on Monday

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been at Stone Creek this week. I hadnā€™t been there in two years; holy cow, the new clubhouse is sick and the range is quality! (Putting/chipping greens leave a little to be desired)

1 Like

Range is massive but its just fine. Yeah new clubhouse is very good.

As someone who has never played Indian Creek even though itā€™s literally 5 minutes from my house, I am deeply jealous you guys get to play the KFT tees (which would absolutely eject me from the course) on Monday

tenor
What are you waiting for?!

1 Like

Partly playing most of my golf in Blair at River Wilds because my buddy works out there and went to school with the pro and they rarely make me pay.

The other part is being slightly intimidated by it being not the best golfer.

1 Like

One of the best parts of Indian is their variety of teeā€™s. They have enough that you can play from a yardage youā€™re comfortable at, and the course kind of opens up for you there. Obviously still some good rough, greens on the firmer side, and other hazards. But it isnā€™t like youā€™re being forced to choose between 7500 KFT or 6200 senior tees

2 Likes

The more I play out there, the more I appreciate it. Played last Tuesday subbing for a league - firm, fast, thick rough. It was great. They really know what they are doing. Glad to have a KFT event in Omaha at a course you can actually go out and play any day of the week.

3 Likes

New here.

Going to Prairie Club in Valentine. Tuesday-Thursday 8/17-8/19. Has anyone played there? I know itā€™s short notice but anyone is welcome to join me!

2 Likes

Caught the last hour of KFT on DVR. Kevin Dougherty finished T9 to bump himself to 74th (top 75 make KFT finals). In post-round interview he said it gave him a ton of confidence to play well in such difficult conditionsā€¦ ā€œIā€™ve played in a US Open and the conditions werenā€™t as hard as this.ā€ It wasnā€™t even windy this week! A bit skeptical I had to look that up - his US Open appearance was at Erin Hills so maybe heā€™s right?

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe how tame the KFT pins were compared to the Greater Omaha Golf Championshipā€¦ :joy:
:skull_and_crossbones:

Pretty cool to play KFT Sunday tees and pins with an official card. 9 and 18 are absolute BEASTS uphill into a south wind. I think I hit 6, 5, 5, 6i into the par threes. Monday QMany beat Sunday Austin Smotherman by 1 and Sunday Andrew Novak by 4. Stakes were essentially the same, $1 Umbriago and a PGA Tour card. :laughing:

As always, Indian Creek is just awesome!

9 Likes

Wellā€¦ @jefranks30, @huskerkyle, @shonseymp

2 Likes

Fun to watch @QMany battle. Drive it like a doofus all day and played defense for an 80. Rough was a bit thicker and greens a bit firmer than normal, but I was surprised how close the conditions were to normal.

3 Likes

plead-fifth
Played like a dog for the first 5 holes, laughably bad. Somewhat turned it around, but I donā€™t quite have the firepower to play some of those tees, especially 9, that hole is just insane from the KFT tees

2 Likes

Super random question. Anyone have a tailor they really like in Omaha? Looking to get some pants brought up and tapered a little.