Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

You’ll occasionally catch me there at the ASHRAE league on Tuesdays. And ofc during the KFT finals. Love that course

2 Likes

Lol I was at Dana and Midland about 10 years back. Bum shoulder these days and topping out around 70 haha. Thankfully the golf bug has thoroughly replaced my days riding the pine.

Maybe you should move closer! I have an extra bedroom I can rent

Jay Bilas voice

no…no…

2 Likes

:partycage: :partycage: Greater Omaha Tournament Update :partycage: :partycage:

I had a few people ask about the status of the Greater Omaha Golf Tournament this August, and was waiting on some news regarding it.
It will be happening this year! August 14-15th at Tregaron Golf Course in Bellevue.
https://omahagolf.org/
Here is the link for signup, the website isn’t updated yet, but I’m guessing by this time next week it will be.

4 Likes

One last shameless plug… today is the last day to donate to Mustaches 4 Kids Omaha. All the funds are going locally to NorthStar (providing tutoring, job preparedness, mentoring and other services to boys in grades 3-12, primarily in North Omaha) and inCOMMON (breaking the cycle of poverty through a community based approach empowering local youth to make changes at the root level). I’ve raised about $4,100 so far and am making a last ditch effort to get to $5k. Any amount helps.

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/747309615945975/

I’m not a Husker fan per say, but I feel like someone needs to buy this for $40.

2 Likes

@TDougg (Ty) and I played our match yesterday afternoon in the June heat at Benson National Golf Club. Coincidentally, we both brought friends named Tyler to fill out our foursome.

The match was a bit of a pillow fight for much of the front nine. We traded bogeys and missed opportunities. A rough stretch of holes left Ty 3 DN after 9.

We both appeared to find something at the start of the back nine. I went 4 UP after hitting a 240-yard second shot to 20 feet on the par 5 11th. However, the tide started to turn in a big way on the 12th. Ty played really solid golf the next 5 holes, and I couldn’t hit a green in regulation to save my life. Ty won the next five holes to go 1 UP thru 16.

Tree trouble led to a bogey for Ty on 17, so we were all square heading to 18. We both hit our drives left of the fairway into a patch of small trees. Ty landed a rough break behind a dead tree trunk (pictured below) and had a small window to the green, but an unfortunate ricochet off a branch left him scrambling. I ended up with a two putt par to win the match 1 UP.

While neither of us played our best, it was a fun and exciting afternoon of golf. I enjoyed meeting Ty and Tyler, and it was a reminder for me to play more rounds of match play. It was quite the roller coaster ride.

7 Likes

You stud! Hard to beat someone as pure as you

I usually play very casual low stakes with friends. So casual my interest in the stakes rarely exceeds my interest in my own score. It was a refreshing, near invigorating experience to play a match with something (advancing on a message board bracket!) on the line. It ranks near Pinehurst #4 for the most fun I’ve had while playing poorly. Go get 'em @puhing10

2 Likes

Hi Guis,

I’d like to thank James @jefranks30 for hosting me out at his lovely home track Platteview GC for our match last night. I had never played Platteview so he spent way too much time telling me where to not hit the ball and to “put that driver back in you bag” as he spotted me one stroke per side. We went back and forth on the front and were all square thru 9. After each winning a hole on the back we stood on 15 tee AS yet again, after we hit our patented miss off that tee (his big draw and my wipey fade) we both recovered with 180 yd 5 iron punch hooks and cuts from jail to the fringe where my up and down left me one up. The 16th was impossible but my trusty ping eye 4wd left me a par putt to go 2 up courtesy of a pop. He rallied to win 17 and continue the match by draining his 99th 10 footer of the day where he let out a classily restrained, yet well deserved LETS GO!!! Unfortunately my wipey fade rubbed off on him and he hit his first of the day on 18 tee. We traded 8 irons into the green but his found the left rough and mine snuck onto the front. His par putt burnt the edge and I had to go home and explain to my wife why I missed dinner to make new friends and that I have to do it all over again in a couple weeks.

It was a pleasure to meet you and an extremely fun match. James confided to me that he had never walked Platteview as we climbed our 1000th hill on hole 12. Thank you for humoring a member of the mafia and hoofing the slopes with me. Can’t wait to play some more rounds with you and your message board friends.

4 Likes

Truly a pleasure!

Here is the updated bracket. @huskerkyle @anon24718094 Mike is just patiently for his competition!

4 Likes

Big Randy’s models were wrong. @jefranks30 just got bully-balled at home, tuff scene.

3 Likes

Just wanted to let everyone know, dates for the Greater Omaha are actually the 14-15! I had the wrong weekend… sorry about that

2 Likes

Anybody want to play in lincoln or around there this week? I’m down for anyday this week.

Made my maiden voyage to Northern NE this weekend and was blown away by Tatanka and Old Dane. Also recommend the Crofton Lakeview 9 but have regrets about walking that one.

4 Likes

Sorry I was too busy putting off the greens at Old Dane to snap a pic apparently.

One pic per post? jfc

6 Likes

Crofton

3 Likes

This hole alone is worth the price of admission. 10/10 would NOT recommend walking

2 Likes

Had never heard of old dane before Landmand, that place looks sick!
Also who would have thought Crofton had a golf hole like that?!