Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Last minute, i have a 9 hole 5:34 time at Indian creek if anyone wants to join!

Beatrice CC is an AWESOME golf course.
Beatrice CC is NOT FUN in 25+ mph winds :skull_and_crossbones:

7 Likes

In high school our district qualifier was there, which was also shortly before a US Open local qualifier. 4 inch rough, firm fast greens, not great HS plays = long rounds and high scores.

US Open Local is there again this Monday. The greens were firm/fast, and the wind was WILD: 360-yard hybrids down and 125-yard 7i into. I love that course, but it was mentally and physically exhausting.

3 Likes

The league I play in starts tonight and Iā€™m really happy to knocks on wood not play in 20-30 mph winds. Every round Iā€™ve played this year has been is some strong winds.

I swear we played 36 holes on Saturday.

1 Like

Iā€™ll let you know how it compares for US Open locals, gonna be shaking the rust off the bib

1 Like

Gonna bump this one more time. Would like to have matches rolling by the end of the month. Get signed up for a chance to qualify!

2 Likes

Inspired by the How Much is Too Much thread, I made a 12:15 tee time at Benson on Friday. 2 spots open, let me know if youā€™d like to join. Would love to fill it with some NLU guis! https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/how-much-is-too-much/51277

4 Likes

I may be in for that! Iā€™ll get back to you Tuesday at the latest.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested. However, donā€™t hold a spot for me as it completely dependent upon how the work week goes. I can follow up later in the week to see if itā€™s still open.

1 Like

Alright folks, the excel sheet is officially closed and a bracket is set!

@anon24718094 @huskerkyle @Mwilhelm10 @MrHogan5 @jefranks30 @puhing10 @TDougg @clayreierson @foreleft are in the randomly created bracket. Deadline dates for it are above it too. Lets get after it folks! May the best two rep the Good Life!

4 Likes

Fellow Omahanā€™sā€¦ I have a 56*, M-grind, Tour chrome Vokey wedge for sale. I won it at an outing. I have no need for it. Iā€™d like to sell it locally, and the proceeds will be going to my Mustaches 4 Kids campaign (yes - itā€™s a real thing). Weā€™re raising money for two local North Omaha charites this year: inCOMMON and NorthStar. Make me an offer if youā€™re interested.

If anyone wears size 12 shoes, I also received a pair of the all-white Footjoy Traditions from the outing and would part with them for the same deal ā€“ make me an offer and the proceeds will go to Mustaches 4 Kids.

If you have no interest in the wedge or golf shoes but are feeling charitable, you can donate at the link below. Iā€™m trying to raise $5k myself this year. Last year, the organization as a whole raised over $760k.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Anyone else playing the Impossible Open at Quarry this weekend?

Congrats to Clay (@Clayreierson) for his automatic win in the play-in game. I have to WD due to a bachelor party just getting scheduled the same weekend as this tournament. If anyone needs an extra to join their group for one of these matches, Iā€™d be happy to join!

3 Likes

You truly hate to see it! You will be missed at Lawsonia

@TDougg and I are playing our match this Friday (6/4) at 1:45p at Benson. Need a 4th to fill out the group. Anybody interested?

2 Likes

Former College baseball player here, long-time grounds crew member at Indian Creek Golf Course, been watching NLU since freshman year of college and I have always wanted to join the refuge but never got around to it. Love that thereā€™s a dedicated page for Omaha/Lincoln individuals. Hope everybody is enjoying the gorgeous weather!

6 Likes

Welcome! Thereā€™s a few of us here who frequent Indian quite often, myself included. If you see the guy shanking it onto 9 grey thatā€™s me. If you see the guy nailing the barn from the mats thats @QMany
@huskerkyle is probably on the putting green with 4 different wands

5 Likes

Iā€™ve settled down. The spider and I are gonna get married on top of a mountain.

5 Likes