Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

8 and 10 are bad. 10 is indeed one of the worst holes in America. Some of the others are quirky, but still fun.

10 is nasty. narrow landing area then an uphill long shot. Hate that hole.

New member here from Omaha. Play in a Thursday night league at Indian Creek during the summer but just became members at TPC Deer Creek. Like to play all across the city and area though.

2 Likes

Welcome! Iā€™m out at Indian 3-4 nights a week during the summer so chances are good Iā€™ve seen you around. Iā€™m the one sā€™ing it off the range onto 9 grey. Would love to play a round with you whenever you are free

1 Like

Benson, Johnny Goodman, Quarry Oaks for sure. Indian is my favorite course in the area but if you want to play a place you havenā€™t already, then Willow Lakes.

2 Likes

I will second Willow, sneaky good place, and the $ point is great.

2 Likes

Also, something for others to consider.

4 Likes

What handicap level should a person have for this if it happens?

I think any level works! We can make it happen with any handicap

1 Like

Does anyone use an online service for renewing GHIN? Which one? (Public course golfer)

NGA is the way to go

1 Like

I have mine through a public course (Indian Creek), but NGA online is easy too: Join | Nebraska Golf Association

1 Like

I think this would be awesome. Iā€™d be in and have another buddy who is a NLU fan that Iā€™m sure would play too.

1 Like

Never too early.
Played both Saturday and Sunday last weekend. Course is already in great shape.
I have a 9:20 tee time if anyone wants to make the trip out on Saturday April 2nd. Let me know. Otherwise I will cancel it and jump on with another local.

A couple of dates to keep in mind with Wild Horse are as follows:
Aerifications Dates
Fairways - April 1-16
Greens - April 18-20
Surrounds - April 26-27
Tees - May 10-11

4 Likes

That is incredible to know. Forgot to call ahead one year and was super bummed. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Willow is definitely going to be on the list as I am military. Probably add to that Benson and Johnny Goodman. Looks like a round at Shadow Ridge now as well so maybe Elmwood could be a 5th? Only there for 7 days and probably need to be a dad for some of it.

1 Like

That sounds like a great lineup for places to play! Just holler when youā€™re in town if youā€™re looking for anyone to play with

I have a 1:50 tee time Saturday at Tiburon with a few spots open if anyone wants to join.

any body here play Table Creek in NebCity? I was up there from Kansas City once for a client. played Table Creek and then on the way out (to Iowa) the next day at Rivers Wildā€¦ anybody played these tracks? what are yer thoughts?

Never played table creek, but River Wilds Iā€™ve played a few times! Kind of a quirky, short course, but if you accept it for what it is it can be a lot of fun! What did you do on hole 10 there?