Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

We’re talking River Wilds just outside Blair right? That’s where I play about 90% of my rounds. I like it, for my skill level it has some challenging holes but not overly difficult overall. Has some fun holes with the right wind too (#8 with the wind at your back the green is drivable).

On 10, I try and squeeze a driver through the little hole in the trees most of the time, only works about 20% of the time thought.

2 Likes

That’s what I assumed he was talking about. I love the back to back par 5’s, I always find myself being super aggressive and either going 3,4 or 4,4 or I’ll play them in +2

1 Like

Yes! I really enjoyed it. My kinda course that forces you to hit shots.

I think they must’ve sent me off the back because the tenth hole I played was one of the most pedestrian holes out there, a dog left with the tee box near the entrance of the parking lot. The first hole I played was a short par 4 that has a forced carry over a creek to the tree-surrounded green. On that hole I sent my first into that creek.

Fun, fun course. When I get back up there I’ll be sure to make time to replay it.

They sent you off the front, the first is the hole that goes over the creek. I agree the 10th can be pedestrian, the only real excitement is if you try and cut it by trying to drive through a small gap between the first and second tree down the left.

2 Likes

Anyone else in here doing the Happy Gilmore any time league at Pac Springs?

ALSO… looking to play up there mid/late June if my team comes to the CWS. always happy to meet up with fellow degenerates and refugees for a quick 18… looks like a group could be had to drive out to Blair for River Wilds…

1 Like

Who’s your team? Shoreline is a great course not far from the NoDo area either

Plenty of Omaha courses to be seen before driving to Blair. Indian Creek. Benson, Goodman is where you should start

3 Likes

Refugee member from the Ohio contingent here - great seeing the discussion on the Omaha public tracks above. At the end of the month i’ll be in Lincoln for one day - what would be the can’t miss Lincoln public course if you only had one morning to play?

3 Likes

Highlands is my favorite Lincoln public track. @chipcaffey and @puhing10 will have more nuanced takes

3 Likes

I like Lincoln country club, can normally get some deals
I’ve heard firethorn is good too

3 Likes

I’d agree with Highlands if you’re looking for something in Lincoln and public. Pioneers is a close 2nd for me, but that could be because I’ve played it a lot more.

2 Likes

Now, now, now… let me play a little hypothetical here. If you’re looking to play public golf in Lincoln, might you just drive to Beatrice to play BCC? I dunno!!!

5 Likes

Easy there C-Suite Shonsey, we’re talking public courses here. Only kidding. Highlands is hard to beat from a muni standpoint. Clear and above the best Lincoln public course in my eyes. CCL is great. Shorter and generally tree lined fairways, but I think it’s the best conditioned course in Lincoln. Firethorn is probably the best test of golf in Lincoln. There is at least one person on here that is a member there. I figure he might reach out through DM if he sees this.

4 Likes

Now if we are successful in driving to beatrice and playing, might that topic be revisited?

5 Likes

YES!!!

I think Beatrice is a drive, about an hour drive from a private airport in Omaha, place called Beatrice Country Club.

4 Likes

Kyle, you talkin to a ghost?

3 Likes

Hard tellin from the press box.

4 Likes

2 Likes

And my question is… driving there in a Chevyequinoxwiththebucketseats?

3 Likes