Roll Call: Omaha/Lincoln

Andy drug my picky ass there and I enjoyed everything on the menu. Was a baptism by fire into new foods, a revolutionary experience.

Cool vibe in the place as well.

2 Likes

For brunch, I’d check out:

Lisa’s Radial Cafe (hole in the wall, very solid traditional brunch)
Early Bird Brunch (large portions, big menu, more unique options)
Culprit Cafe (Midtown, closest to Old Market)

I tend to frequent more atypical “Nebraska” restaurants, so if you’re interested in recommendations for Indian food, Mediterranean, ramen, etc., let me know.

3 Likes

Until earlier this year, i’d have suggested 11worth Cafe for your traditional breakfast type diner spot.

1 Like

interested in all of those. not necessarily interested in a classic experience, just wherever the best meal is!

Le Bouillon & The Boiler Room are two of the best in Omaha. V.Merton is great as well.

Au Courant is decent, but you have no other option than the tasting menu. Which is fine! But I believe the three I mentioned above have better quality of food and better wine lists by far.

This is coming from someone who has worked in the restaurant industry as a somm for many years.

1 Like

Runza.

Throws grenade and hides.

7 Likes

I mean, while don’t you just recommend Raising Canes while you’re at it? :slight_smile:

I agree with these. The Boiler Room and V Mertz (esp V Mertz) is fine dining. I’d throw Grey Plume into that list too.

If you want something more casual, Stirnella in the Blackstone District or Dario’s in Dundee are good options. Avoli in Dundee was pretty good, but I haven’t been there in awhile.

You shouldn’t have to drive west of 72nd street for good food, except for the Drover if you want a steakhouse.

5 Likes

All great choices already. You should have great meals picking any of those listed. Ate at Avoli this past weekend and had a great bottle of Montepulciano and overall enjoyable meal outside. Stirnella is one of our faves in Blackstone.

Guis! Wanted to make you all aware of this. I started a thread for the Nebraska qualifier, but apparently you now have to wait for a mod to fucking APPROVE the thread before it goes live. WTF? Anyway, as soon as that goes up, ill post the link to the Nebraska qualifier thread in here.

5 Likes

Found in our backyard. We watched this Nebraska player walk into our backyard looking for this ball. Talk about a big right miss!

1 Like

This was me the first time I played Firethorn. The big right miss was in play that day

1 Like

Guys, if you want to get better, this is the guy.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/sieckmann-the-sultan-of-short-game/39544?u=aannddyy00

I have a tee time for 9 holes at Indian Creek tomorrow afternoon at 3:00. Was just gonna be a buddy and myself but he had to back out. If anyone wants a little evening stroll hit me up!

Anyone playing tomorrow in Omaha that needs one more? Ending up with a free Sunday morning.

Should generate one of the best, if not the best, KFT fields.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ve regularly played at two KFT venues, and this will finally be the first one televised.

I’ve talked to quite a few KFT pros, and they all agree Indian Creek is one of the best courses they play all year.

2 Likes

This is sweet! Glad they are looking to keep it in Omaha, now they just need to move the date to fit the Kansas swing in May!

Not clear from the headline, but they moved it to the final event of the season before the Finals through 2025 replacing Portland.

1 Like