Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Their newer YouTube videos on their website are way different. The guy hitting the shots in that video works there as well.
Their place is a wonderful mess at the moment. Ross (owner guy in the video) said they are working on getting a bigger, better place with a store front. They definitely have everything a custom fitting shop needs.
Apparently they refinish putters and do all kinds of other custom stuff as well. I feel like they must rely solely on word of mouth, I know the golf scene pretty well here and I didn’t know they existed until this discussion in here. He said they have been super busy the last year +.

1 Like

Likewise - I had heard a lot about Baker’s and assumed it was the one and only, but ended up having a very bad experience there. Was pointed in this direction by a guy I play with who is constantly tinkering with shafts and clubheads to right the wrongs that were made at Baker’s.
I would like to give Baker’s the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a one-time issue, but will most likely head to Tour Quality next time, especially after hearing that you had a good experience.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I have an old Scotty the wife gave me a few years ago that I’m hoping to get refinished and might give them a shot at it.

2 Likes

I’ve heard a lot about Ball Golf, but not sure if they do repairs or if they just do fittings.

1 Like

Yeah, like I said, I have no idea about their quality of work or anything like that yet. But they had a stack of Autoflex shafts leaning against the wall, their refinish stuff on instagram looks decent and they just had the exact atmosphere I was looking for.
He texted a Titleist rep while I was standing there to ask him a question I had, just a few little things like that give off such a good first impression.

Like the exact opposite of every interaction I have ever had at Baker’s.

3 Likes

Would definitely recommend and pass along a testimonial for Stamps By Jay. He did some wedge stamping and paint fill work for me last year about this time.

You can view his work below, and he is very responsive via PM there. Jay is a great guy!

https://www.instagram.com/stampsbyjay/

1 Like

I concur with this. Jay’s the best in the business.

4 Likes

That is a beaut!

Designer + artist both get a 10/10.

1 Like

Hey @rdvern how is the restoration process going at Dornick? What are they working on right now?

1 Like

As of yesterday just about every green has been demoed and cored out. It’s truly astounding how quick and efficient the guys from Total Turf are. S/o to the their foreman John. Additionally, he’s a decent player in his own right.
I’d say half the greens have been rough shaped by Blake Conant or Eric Iverson. Hearing that Doak is set to arrive around the July 8 and will be onsite for 2/2.5 weeks. I’m assuming this is when he’ll sign off on the rough shaping and some of the fill & fine shaping will begin.

A few more detailed projects - the bridge on 10 has been removed due to it being near unsound for cart traffic.The pond on 17 has been removed of its mud/sludge and begun to fill in. They’ll use this to spread around the course once it dries after a month or so. Same for the old greens materials - They’re finding creative places to use it filling in low spots and regrading for drainage, etc. Also, I’m told we won’t need to buy divot fill for the foreseeable future ha
The 5th hole will feature a non continuous cart path - stoked to see how our membership reacts. Also they’re going to be adding proximity control to the cart fleet in the down time. Hopefully this we’ll limit some unwanted cart traffic in certain areas.

The irrigation crew is busy routing and laying the main lines across the property. No heads being installed as of yet

As some of you know our driving range will be cut short due to the 1st green being returned to the N end of the range. We’ll be left with a 200ish yard practice area with 3 target greens built to replace the yardage poles of old. Better than nothing I suppose…

We’ll keep ya posted

18 Likes

Thanks so much for the detailed progress report! Super interesting.

Decent player in his own right
Won’t need to buy divot fill for the foreseeable future - hahaha

4 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t have anything to do with the Summer Slam and I’m not able to play in it, but it’s open to anyone, run by some good dudes and wanted to share if y’all wanted to play in a relaxed tourney. I played in their event last month and it was really fun.

1 Like

this is easily the best refuge comment of the month. thanks for the detailed update!

1 Like

This is the 4th Gunga tournament of the summer and the last. I played in the ones prior and they were a lot of fun!

Friends of mine from college have put it together. Live scoring through out the event via google docs and an overall good vibe. I’ll be there!

1 Like

I just sent my $$ to this Chase character. Looking forward to it already.

4 Likes

New Lincoln merch.

7 Likes

We’ve had a few spots open up for this last minute if anyone else is interested in signing up, put your name on the sheet (we’ll update it later tonight) and/or DM @mctrees02 and me.

3 Likes

Here is a link for a draft kings group for the open. Come join!!! GOLF Thu 12:35 AM CDT - $5 entry - 64/100 spots filled *** DraftKings - PGA $5 100-Player (Top 3 Win)

1 Like

Can confirm: Green Day at Cain’s Ballroom was siiiiick

6 Likes