Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

I am late to this post, but excited to hear what we have planned for 2023. I would love to see some type of Ryder cup-style event.

1 Like

My apologies for bombing the call last night with offensively loud German beer hall music. Reception was shit at Oktoberfest. What did I miss?

3 Likes

We did meet last night. s/o @jsmoove for spearheading some early planning.
Let us prepare some initial plans and we will share here and in the Supercell group thread.
To tease some info, we’re looking at planning system that offers multiple ways to qualify for the regional/national championship team. All would be completed by 31-MAY (deadline for identifying regional team). Possible match play situation, and a couple of events.

Texhoma regional needs to be completed by 31-JULY. Looking to do it in-person; going to try and leverage the R4/Dornick Hills for this.

Those are the main highlights.
More clear news coming to a thread near you.

5 Likes

Also, I’m going to go ahead and create the November 13th Stableford game in Unknown Golf. @OliveLoaf I’ve added you as an admin so whenver you’re ready to get in there and look around you should have the registration in your inbox. I’ll also forward you the demo link shortly so you can get the idea of how it’s formatted.

For everyone wanting to play November 13th at Lincoln Park, please DM your email address to me. I will register you with Unknown and you’ll be able to see the event details from there. It will ask for an email, so please use the one that’s registered with the USGA GHIN app

@Mish do you know if we’ll be playing this on the east or west course?

3 Likes

West course is the plan. Let’s get those RSVPs in quick folks. I’m going to start with 3 tee times. First 12 come first 12 served “guaranteed” and we can add if it fills fast!

3 Likes

Will you shoot me those tee times once confirmed? I’ll add it to the event details and we can randomize groups.

This UnknownGolf is pretty slick.

1 Like

The entire Supercell roster has now been added to Unknown Golf. You should be receiving an email to make a quick profile. This is the app we will be using for the coordination/planning of the 2023 season. It’s also very cost effective, so do not be alarmed. It will cost each player $1 per event that they play in. It costs us nothing during the months we don’t host events. A true win-win.

Let me know if anyone has any issues navigating and I’ll do my best to assist.

EDIT: If you’re reading this and haven’t seen an email from UG, send me a one-off and I’ll verify that the email address I have is correct and I will resend.

2 Likes

A couple of other guys hit me with this suggestion (Ryder Cup style event).

What kind of team style event do folks prefer???

• Supercell Cup (e.g. Tulsa v OKC)
  • Oklahoma v Texas (potentially tie into R4)
  • Any team event will do

0 voters

Oklahoma East vs West would be fun.

2 Likes

Not to start the trash talking early, but East v West is pretty one-sided, especially when it comes to amateur athletic competition in the state, no?

(Suck it, OKC!)

2 Likes

Thanks to @jsmoove and @OliveLoaf for spearheading all the planning, looking forward to what you guys have in the works. This year we put together the Hillcrest outing fairly last minute for the Texhoma regional, but since that looks to be moving to in person, I wanted to throw out the idea of hosting at Hillcrest again at some point. Also, anyone is always welcome to hit me up for a random weekend outing if you’re looking at coming to Bartlesville.

5 Likes

I’d have 0 complaints hosting it at HCC again. I’m sure there’s plenty of Airbnb’s and places to stay as well.

The defending roost get to pick the venue right?!

This was proposed to the other Captain’s with little pushback, but far from confirmed.
They seemed to like the idea of Dornick Hills in order to reduce some distance; but may be open to flexibility. Need to get back on the line with STROHs and Plex.

Hillcrest is a great venue for any event. If the Tulsa v OKC Cell Block Brawl comes to be, maybe it could be the inaugural venue :-). Great course for all the formats.

2 Likes

Yeah no doubt, halfway kidding when I said it but I understand the driving distance might be a barrier for some. I’m good with neutral turf or something in Dallas as a middle point for everyone.

Hillcrest’s biggest flaw for an event is location for sure, plenty of lodging available but I honestly have no clue how it is on pricing. It could for sure be a great venue for a 36 hole Ryder Cup style day, works out well that our guest fee is a daily rate.

1 Like

Several spots left in the regular Sunday game at Lincoln Park. Teetimes starting at 2 PM. Hit me in the DM if you are interested in playing

2 Likes

Sunday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 83. South wind 16 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.

Its going to be so much fun.

2 Likes

With all 12 spots already filled for 11/13, I’ve added a fourth tee time. DM @jsmoove if you would like to play.

3 Likes

I need to make sure my calendar is correct but I’m 99% in. (Shot you a message @jsmoove.)

2 Likes