Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

In a somewhat related news on Colton stepping back…

Anyone know the story on this? Saw Tom post it on his IG but that’s all I’ve heard about it.

1 Like

I would guess Tom, having seen probably over a thousand golf courses in his life, feels qualified to do some design at this point. Colton will benefit from Tom’s brand & name recognition, should help him compete with the Doak’s of the world for higher profile and more profitable projects.

I am definitely in on a day in OKC and a 2 man format sounds like a great time.

would also love to be involved in the kick off call and help anywhere I can!

1 Like

Jandy has a very good sense of things…

1 Like

I like this idea. Let’s get a sense of how folks Novembers are shaping up (from those in the room who are interested)

• Friday
  • Has to be a weekend day
  • I can do either

0 voters

2 Likes

Been in the works since late 2019 early 2020. Thought maybe they pulled the plug on it at some point but apparently not.

1 Like

No doubt, I was thinking a Saturday or Sunday between any of the first three weekends in November. Doesn’t have to be a huge event, just a few consecutive tee times and a skins game then maybe a group highball/lowball event or something.

@jsmoove I’m in the OKC metro and would be happy to help with anything if needed!

1 Like

I went ahead and created a zoom meeting for the 2023 season kickoff call on Wednesday the 19th at 8:00p. Feel free to join if you would like to provide input/suggestions or if you just want to listen along to get informed. (@OliveLoaf if this date/time doesn’t work, we can reschedule. Not trying to steal your thunder but I’m sitting at home waiting for some new irons to arrive and had some time to kill)

We’ll post a summary in the thread here of the topics discussed but I think it would be wise to have a firm event schedule for the upcoming Spring set in stone by the end of October. This will give everyone plenty of time to plan around events/weekends and give their spouses ample heads up.

2 Likes

What’s the date/time, homie? Link takes you right to the meeting…

2 Likes

Edited the post with the date/time.

2 Likes

In Tulsa for the week and took my nephew out to the par 3 at La fortune tonight. Had to put him the in the Supercell hat!

11 Likes

Just a gentle reminder that we’ll be hopping on a brainstorming call at 8p tomorrow to discuss how we want to run the 2023 season. Come and contribute!

@Mish @OliveLoaf @MagicLoogie @ThePopeofFairways @ReallyFatPat @ABR @HoselRocketeer @rdvern @whk3 @ScottyG

Sorry if I missed anyone in the tags.

2 Likes

@tydavis43 @OnlyOneAtababy @bbdixon @hiskesm1 @HaveOuimet

1 Like

I won’t be able to make it, but consider me a loyal soldier willing to follow whatever strategy the brain trust creates.

1 Like

First few minutes of the latest Fried Egg pod talks Boiling Springs!

7 Likes

Seconded. I’ll be flying back from a work trip and unable to join, and I’ll blindly follow y’all into the darkness.

i’m available! Thanks for spearheading this in my mental absence.

1 Like

For those who can’t make the Supercell call tonight, would love to hear what you want to see out of our Roost in 2023? (or what you don’t want to see for that matter).

1 Like

That is some incredible press they are getting right there.

How about Buffalo Dunes getting the “highlight of the trip” tag! We need to get out there next year

3 Likes