Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Here’s my way-too-early suggestions for 2023.

First, getting to the Roost Club Championship with @ABR @MagicLoogie and @HoselRocketeer was an absolute blast and there’s no doubt in my mind that my aim is to get back next year. We didn’t have our best stuff but regardless, truly met a bunch of great people from the other roosts and NLU.

With that being said, I think the quota system was great for the inaugural year and I think we take pieces of that into 2023.

some ideas I’d like to build on or just see come to life:

• Season long survivor match play - East v. West with winning two from each side of the state playing in some form of net match play event

• Season long quota - same as we did this year with the aim of once per month meeting at a new course to tee it, have fun, and play low stakes competitive golf

• 1 or 2 two-man four ball event for 36 holes, net stroke play–one during the first “half” of the season and the other during the second “half” of the season.

• 2 “mini-majors” that tie into playing for a spot to go to the Texhoma regional qualifier.

We could do this in a way where we have a 12-man or 16-man play-in to go represent the Supercell in the regional with the folks that are winning or finishing at the top of these events.

I know in June there are a few of us going to play in the @HighCottonClub event in June next year. Would be great to travel a bunch of cellmates out there.

I’m just spit-balling here to get the conversation (and maybe a couple spreadsheets) in the works for next year. Feel free to roll some ideas down here or make suggestions. For the 2023 season, I’ll try to help our fearless leader @OliveLoaf a bit more and assist in getting the Northeast OK troops rallied.

9 Likes

Tracy and Precious bought mega-ride passes…

5 Likes

For the uninitiated, I wanted to make an introduction to the Perry Maxwell Society.

The Society was created back in 2019 by Oklahoma golf course architect Colton Craig.
I agreed to step in as the caretaker of the Society, utilizing my special set of skills to keep things up going as Colton has gotten busy with course projects.

We are actually doing a Society meet-up at Dornick on 10/15.
If you missed the R4 or want another crack the OG Maxwell, could be your reason to join up!

9 Likes

I paid for this membership and haven’t been added to the website and haven’t heard anything about this meet-up.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, TD. I’ll hit you up to figuring that out. One of my charges is to reconcile such matters!

2 Likes

Already sounds like the transition is paying off! Congrats @Mish!

3 Likes

samsies.

1 Like

the KFT officially announced their 2023 schedule - June 22 - 25th for the Compliance Solutions Champ @ the Jimmie
PGA TOUR announces 2023 Korn Ferry Tour schedule

4 Likes

/blocks off schedule for “Compliance Review in Norman”…

3 Likes

Weird yeah I think I’ve got some of their audit work to do that week, too.

2 Likes

Maybe we should explore a supercell gathering/tourney that week, maybe at winter creek and dornick?

5 Likes

you have my attention…

3 Likes

I know it’s the red river rivalry this weekend but the @MagicLoogie and I will be teeing it at GCO this coming Saturday. Eyeing 36 holes. 8a & roughly 1p.

If anyone wants to come play, let me know. We can get a game going. Our action is flex.

Holla.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I can swing all 36, but I’d love to join one of them. Let me chat with the wifey about child coverage for the weekend.

2 Likes

Y’all have fun - someone should that day…

…I’ll be watching Pitt’s 3rd string QB attempt to score points against a defense that held Bama in check… I’m sure everything will be fine - it’s not like anyone else is hurt oh wait

/sighs and wants it to be Sunday already

Yeah I’d say the morning round would be the safest bet. I’m 95% certain I’ll be out there all day with my colleague, considering I just watched our 11 year old for 6 days while my wife was out of town. She owes me one.

4 Likes

Count me in for the morning round!

1 Like

We’ll be out there. Send me a direct message and I’ll give you my phone number.

Great article in GolfWeek on Lincoln Park and some of its history.

9 Likes

How much interest is there in getting a November event together in OKC? I’ve never played Lincoln Park so we could do it there or wherever is convenient–I don’t have a preference. I just know we did a lot in Tulsa metro area last year and it’s probably time for us in the northeastern part of the state to make a drive down there.

Would be great if we could get 3-4 tee times full and do a 2-man event in shamble/modified alt/scramble or even an individual net stroke play.

@OliveLoaf and I talked about getting a 2023 kick off call together for next week for those who are interested in contributing. Stay tuned on that.

6 Likes