Roll Call: Oklahoma "The Supercell" - The Roost's Greatest Logo™

Making the trip from Denver to Boiling Springs next weekend and am STOKED. Any course beta would be much appreciated!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have a 1:00 Tomorrow at Lincoln Park West with @SMcGavin1. Have two spots if anyone wants to join us.

2 Likes

Glad to have you dropping down to OKLA. Boiling Springs is very unique, you’ll love it. I will ask that you be kind as to course conditties as the 100 year freeze has been very tough on Oklahoma golf courses. BSGC hasn’t been immune, though it’s natural setting hides the kill more than most. There is actually a pretty deep dive on BSGC on the podcast below.
As for few beta points, front nine is “better” than the back nine but that is because it is all-world IMHO. Be as far left as you can on #3 so you get to actually play at the green. Blast driver on 5 if you hit it remotely straight. #6 is another stay way left tee shot. Layback off the tee on 10 the first time round. Lone pine off 14 is tremendous. ENJOY!

4 Likes

Anyone interested in a little TopGolfing this weekend?
TG Live at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Now thru Sunday.

2 Likes

I’m on my way to do that this morning at 11. Seemed like it’s worth checking out just for the novelty. My OU friends are much more excited about it than I am but I’m sure it will be a good time.

3 Likes

This is sick! Thanks for the info!

One of the very few places I’ve been in OK. Been hitting it left ever since.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time or money on this. They have one line of hitting bays in one endzone barely above field level hitting straight out in front of you. A super game improvement PW and a SW. And 6 inflatable targets.
Every other stadium I’ve ever seen photos of this or anything similar (including the promo photo for this one!) has had it up high, hitting down onto the field. This was…not that.

4 Likes

file this one under “oh well” thank you.

1 Like

I was afraid of that - it looks really cool in a baseball stadium, but in a football stadium the only ways to make it really work would be to have bays in the tunnels, etc…and there was zero chance the athletic dept was going to have people going all the way to the top of the east side for this.

Attention fellow Okies with a golf addiction: I have 4 spots available at Dornick on Sunday 5/23 - tee times are 9:40&9:50am. Holla!

6 Likes

After reading this I was bummed, but after going today I’ll rebut: had a great time at TG Live today. Sounds like @HaveOuimet needs a better wedge game and possibly better company… :wink:

1 Like

I may have been overly negative. I was just hoping for a bit more novelty than hitting straight in front of me. It was a good time.
I proudly got my name up on the big board with 720.

Plus it gave me an excuse to make the trip over and play Lincoln Park West with @SMcGavin1 and watch him fire a 31 on the back.

3 Likes

That’s the spirit! I also had Mont queso and swirls immediately after. Couldn’t go wrong.

Ahem, 31 @SMcGavin1?

1 Like

I still don’t know what happened. I can say I was helped by playing the back in 90 minutes so I didn’t have a chance to think my way down a drain like I normally do. And @HaveOuimet was a great partner and never mentioned anything to me until we finished.

5 Likes

SAVE THE DATE: 6/5/21 Jimmy Stewart National Golf Links. Details to follow (as many details as can be ironed out at a place that doesn’t do tee times…)

4 Likes

I’m a strong maybe - pending a baby doesn’t come early… the wife is supposed to work that day, so as long as baby doesn’t come early and she actually works that day, I’ll be there.

2 Likes

You really know how to instill confidence, my friend.

4 Likes

I’m off that day, any room left? Might have to do another road trip and find tee times in OKC as well…

2 Likes