Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 2)

Perfect timing, just opened up our Columbus event

@jgolf1 can get you added to the roost iirc.

And this link should get you set up with the slack: Slack

3 Likes

Also,

Hereā€™s our Unknown golf link weā€™d like you to sign up at

https://ukg.golf/join/OhioAgainstTheWorld

And hereā€™s my very unofficial Google sheet.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone, I know there are a lot of lurkers on here that are members are some pretty amazing places and have access to some pretty amazing experiences. In an effort to help raise money for Jake, Brian has set up an auction that heā€™s working out the details for. If you have rounds of golf, tickets to sporting events/concerts, access to Ft. Knox etcā€¦ can you please submit it at this link. All proceeds will go straight to Jake & Rozā€¦

I love all of you and Jake does too. This would mean the world if we could continue to raise a ton of money to help him out.

9 Likes

Also - buy a ball marker for the price of your choosing still available through 2/29 100% of revenue going straight to Jake, I decided to take on the cost of product and shipping as my contribution and every penny goes to our guy

7 Likes

Playing a match at Shawnee Hills on Sunday morning, 7:20am. Early bird gets the worm, and the weather is looking really good for March 3rd. 2 more spots open.

2 Likes

Got served this video and Iā€™m blown away by Kenny Loftonā€™s seemingly custom bag and headcover.

8 Likes

That catch was insane. The only other catch better than that is Jim Edmonds diving over the shoulder for the angels.

1 Like

You mean when he ran real slow and made a routine catch look hard?

I kid.

1 Like

1 Like

Um, Austin Jackson would like a wordā€¦

1 Like

The degree of difficulty on an over the shoulder full sprint is already insane. Add a dive and this makes it the best for me.

1 Like

Edmonds is #1 but this Gary Matthews Jr catch in his career/contract/steroid year has always stuck with me

2 Likes

The home course of OATW has a groupon-type deal today.

Playing on Monday at 2pm at Meadowbrook at Clayton here in Dayton if anyone wants to join us!

2 Likes

hot deals why pay more

iā€™m so conflicted on these offers, i started working with this company when i was there and itā€™s a GREAT way to raise a ton of capital but also sucks when those guys walk in with a group of 28 and the course seeā€™s zero income that day. They have been better about putting restrictions on it which has helped.

3 Likes

Iā€™d defer to you and @flanwilder since youā€™re the only people here that played college ball (apologies if Iā€™m leaving anyone out!) Iā€™m still partial to the Jackson catch bc August-September 2017 in Cleveland was about as much fun you could have following regular season baseball.

1 Like

Yeah I got the maximum of 4 last year. Probably played a dozen rounds at SS. Kept saving the coupons for when I wasnā€™t playing a round that was already discounted for one reason or another.

Ended up having 2 of them left at the end of the year

1 Like

Guessing he doesnā€™t walk much, huh?

8 am sleepy tomorrow with @Gobrownies09 id anyone wants to join us call the shop and hop in.