OATW Presents: Welcome to THE ROCK (Columbus, OH) 6/8/24

YourBest

WHAT - “Welcome to THE ROCK” Scotch Foursomes 2-man Event
WHEN - Saturday, June 8
WHERE - Split Rock Golf Club, Orient, Ohio
- Registration at 8 AM
- First Tee Time at 9 AM
COST - $80/per person with proceeds benefiting the Ohio River Valley chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

• Venmo Nathan Creager @Nathan-Creager
  • Last four - 9387

WHY - “Trade secrets, my son…”

Split Rock Golf Club is a Dr. Michael Hurdzan and Dana Fry masterpiece laid out in the shadow of one of Ohio’s most notorious correctional facilities. With its wide playing corridors and signs warning travelers to refrain from picking up hitchhikers, Split Rock is the perfect canvas for OATW shenanigans and Scotch Foursomes.

Scotch Foursomes, for those who might be unfamiliar, is a fantastic format where both players hit tee shots. They pick the best tee ball of the pairing and play alternate shot from that point on.

Players will be Split into two groups upon registration, Team Cage and Team Connery. The blind draw will pick names from each group and henceforth, the newly minted duo will take on The Rock together. The Blind Draw will happen to great fanfare the week of and be released in real time on The Refuge. Handicaps will be determined by averaging the handicap sum of each pairing.

PRIZES - The 1st Place team receives not one but two PRICELESS pieces of memorabilia as well as eternal bragging rights for continuing the tradition set forth by the heroic actions of Dr. Stanley Goodspeed and John Mason.

Proceeds of “Welcome to THE ROCK” will be donated to the Ohio River Valley chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society thanks to the group’s strong ties to the @OhioAgainstTheWorld Roost.

Post round drinks and hangout TBD.

WTTR

15 Likes

Let’s go gents! More details to come, got some fun ideas in the works.

6 Likes

Damn, same weekend as The Extinction

4 Likes

Hell yeah! Looking forward to it! If you guys need any help with anything please let me know. I live in Pickaway county and my cousin happens to be the GM at Split Rock. Would love to help in any way that I can.

Excited to have the roost boys and girls out at The Rock!

3 Likes

So pumped for this. The Rock is high on my hidden gem list in central OH, especially for tee time availability and price. Maybe the gentlest opening handshake I have ever seen.

@Twowaymiss and I have been imaging routing tweaks for a while that could make it even better.

5 Likes

I’ve played the majority of my rounds out there the last few years. Absolutely love the idea. Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend or I would be all over this. I hope the turn out is great!

3 Likes

If you were having issues with the Unknown golf link, I believe those issues have been fixed.

Team Cage and Team Connery thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

Travolta

2 Likes