Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Last year was insane in terms of mild winters for Central Ohio. I played all 12 months last year including five times in February

4 Likes

Spring was pretty good last year, if you weren’t playing only on weekends in Cleveland. I swear the weekdays were generally fine then rained every weekend.

3 Likes

Ive played every month so far, walked 9 in January so it qualifies! It was miserable but it qualifies! Its been wet and gray but outside that one or two week stretch of cold it hasnt been bad and theres been no snow to speak of.

2 Likes

I can’t remember what year it was (2021 or 2022) but I think I played like 2-3 times in March and just once in April.

Winter 2021 was rough. I think we got like 60 inches of snow in Fairview and most of it was in February

That was the last year I did the Bunker Hill “membership” for March/April. $100 unlimited, need 4 rounds to make it worth it. I played 4 rounds.

2 Likes

I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s going to be great of awful in Findlay this month. I don’t feel like we have a normal February coming. However, the sun is out today for the first time in god knows how long.

3 Likes

Come scope out your Canadian Roost competition!

3 Likes
1 Like

Last year I had the fairways membership, I played 3-4 days a week after work at the entirely mediocre courses that come with that membership and then would go play nice places on the weekends and I had to cancel so many weekend tee times because of the weather

I swear the seasons are moving. November is good anymore, even December is decent. March is now terrible, nearly as bad as February, and April is the new March where it can be 75 one day then 30 the next and lots of wind.

4 Likes

Hashtag science.

1 Like

Hard to complain about 7 straight days of Sunny and 50.

2 Likes

March is the worst, use to get my hopes up and it’s just awful. September and early October were awesome in NEO this year. I feel like Halloween is the turning point, because since I’ve been in NEO every trick or treat is cold/rainy when I was golfing a couple days before.

Whenever I hear people saying how great it is to have such warm weather now, I just picture it snowing in early May

3 Likes

bite your tongue, the Findlay event has had great weather three years in a row and i’m not about to change that this year

(this is me acknowledging i have no control over anything like that and that all i can do is react to what does happen)

10 Likes

This is my ideal operating window.

I’m 100% with you. I’ve said a couple times that we need a phantom month to reset the system. Push the January snow/cold back to Christmas, spring back into March, etc.

2 Likes

Hey we need more guys for the good guys…

3 Likes

Almost 60 in Cleveland Thursday!

1 Like

So nice to get out in February.

I picked the course based on how dry I thought most spots would be, but was still very surprised with how good the conditions were.

5 Likes