Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Confirm: no waitlist. I believe there are about 5 open spots.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! Last time I tried to get into Mak they had a waitlist that required you to pay roughly 75% of monthly dues to stay on it, which was wild for me to process.

It’s out of my budget for now (and I assume initiation has gone up even more from the pretty high number I was told a couple years ago), but hopefully I can join there at some point down the road.

5 Likes

Hey everyone! Longtime listener, first time caller. My name is Blake, and I just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself. I have been a Nest member and have wanting to #getinvolved for the last couple of years, but working in the golf and private club industry has made that impossible. However, in a move that will surly be beneficial for my golf game, family, and social life I am moving on to another career path starting next week.

With that being said I’m hoping to dive into the roost this year and finally get to put some faces to names. I may be able to help out with the central Ohio event this year if we are still looking for some help. Through my work experience I have some connections at a few different private clubs and public courses in central Ohio, and some in the southern part of the state as well. If I could be of any help to the group please let me know!

24 Likes

Welcome, Blake!

3 Likes

Welp, you’re going to be one popular person here. Welcome!

10 Likes

Blake, as a former course GM/Pro/Head Ranger picker welcome to freedom!

5 Likes

Welcome! Former bag room grunt. For about six months another lifetime ago I tried to get into the club pro game. I’ll be forever grateful my life didn’t go that way. Hope we see you out at a Roost event!

3 Likes

I knew there was something not to like about you!

2 Likes

I washed golf carts and helped around the proshop at a golf course in Marysville when I was in high school. Great job when I was young.

5 Likes

Max 4 signups are live! Come show MI what OH is really all about

1 Like
4 Likes

Forecast for the next 10 days is very appealing.

Booked 9 holes for Sunday afternoon at Pioneer. Hopefully the sun dries things up as much as possible,

3 Likes

As crappy as the weather has been in Northern Ohio (6 days of sun since Thanksgiving I think), seeing the guys in winter gear on the NLU Live show is heartening and relatable to what the next 3 months hold for us OATW golfers.

4 Likes

Turkeyfoot is having a cash only, shotgun start at 11 am both days this weekend, probably going to play on Sunday. Will be a soggy slog but I am excited

1 Like

cash only, every tax mans wet dream

4 Likes

If there’s a good thing about NEO it’s that I don’t even get my hopes up until early April. If I can get out in March it’s just a bonus. I have averaged about 3 rounds a year before May since I’ve been paying attention. Late May it’s game on.

Last year I played 15-20 rounds during January- end of March. Just layer up properly and walk and it is great, whole course to yourself most of the time. Occasionally 1 or 2 other psychos

2 Likes

When I saw it was cash only I was like oh hell ya, love a nice under the table establishment.

I don’t know how people can play with gloves on and I can’t play with cold hands. I am whatever the opposite of a mudder is. Charmin soft. Fair weather golfist, and other things of that nature.

5 Likes

I am really annoyed with the recent weather because January was the first month since moving back to Ohio that I wasn’t able to get out at all.

3 Likes