Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

The climb from 17 green to 18 tee is pretty much straight up a fairly steep hill so they have a “elevator” that fits four push carts and golfers that takes you up the hill.

4 Likes

Looks like an OATW gathering at Brookside tomorrow.

2 Likes

That has been out of commission for 2 years now I believe.

That’s it, Place is a shit hole. No one should ever go there and instead give me their invites.

8 Likes

It just adds to the experience trying to hit the tee shot on 18 with my heart still pumping and gasping for air after hiking up the hill.

1 Like

Kirtland is a blast. First few holes not the most memorable, but around #8 it starts showing off. The back 9 is so good. Low key one of the best half way house hangs as well. If I were a member I’d just post up there once in a while.

1 Like

I live 2 mins from Yankee Trace and banned myself from there for the rest of the summer because 1) their greens were in pretty bad shape and 2) they squeeze so much play on there with 8 min tee time spacing and mixing in groups from the 3 nines.

Heatherwoode is always busy too, but their greens were the best in the area when I played a month ago.

Agree on Jasper Hills, played it earlier this year and posted about it. I’ll def be back there in the next month or two.

4 Likes

I’m 5 minutes from YT. Hello neighbor.

I just played Jasper Hills on Saturday in a scramble. Pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be back

3 Likes

I still need to get out to Majestic. Their tee sheet is almost always booked, which I think is a good reflection of the course

2 Likes

Love Kirtland and agree with most everything you said, but it’s a tough walk. Can’t imagine being a caddy there and carrying doubles.

Does Kirtland take new members? I didn’t realize how close I was to it. I don’t see anything on their website on membership info.

Consider Browns Run or Wildwood

1 Like

Ugh, CIC Wednesday got cancelled. I know the area in general got crushed last week. Also, they’re hosting a US 4-ball qualifier next week, so even if the course is improving I bet they want to keep it as empty as possible leading up to that.

Yeah the course looked drained and in solid shape today, but there was no one playing, either.

Wildwood? As in, the private Wildwood in Middletown? I love the golf course, but if there’s a way to get on there as a non-member, please enlighten. I’d play that place every day.

Brown’s Run is a solid one, though. Not the most interesting, architecturally speaking, but very walkable (although they make you pay the same as you would taking a cart). If golf courses could shoot a score, Brown’s would be firmly even par for me. Nothing spectacular, nothing terrible… just solid, middle-of-the-road golf.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help with course suggestions and the offers for golf in the future. Ended up going with Little Met and got paired with a couple on a golf date (date #3 overall). My wife was wingman of the year.
We’ll definitely be back, if only for the best tacos we’ve had in years

8 Likes

What if I told you these aren’t even the best tacos in that immediate vicinity? Hell, not even the second best

2 Likes

I would say that’s a lot of tacos in a small area

8 Likes

don’t tempt me with a good time
Forgot to mention Nano’s brewery and Mitchell’s Ice Cream as our introduction to Cleveland. Awesome start to our weekend

4 Likes

Says the guy who got a ride from the cart girl at Manakiki up to 16 green. Lol

4 Likes