Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I need to convince my wife to move out toward Cleveland…and then find jobs out there. Too much golf getting posted out there all the time!

4 Likes

More just no one wants to play with me so I gotta be the tee time getter. I even need to tie a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me.

3 Likes

This can’t be further from the truth.

2 Likes

Hey there sickos

My wife and I are going to be in Cleveland near the Case Western campus this weekend. We’re looking to get out Saturday during the day. I popped over to GolfNow to see what’s available, but admittedly don’t know what’s worth the money/effort.
When my wife and I play we don’t keep score, just there for hot dogs, beer, and driving the golf cart. That being said, we definitely appreciate solid conditions and a strong clubhouse. We’ll be getting in Friday night, so we have all day available Saturday.
Even if it’s telling me what courses to avoid, any guidance is greatly appreciated

1 Like

Manakiki is probably 20-ish away from you, just up I-90 and probably the best option in the whole city.

2 Likes

Booking this late in the week around Cleveland most likely means you take what you can get. #shrinkthegame

3 Likes

This is unfortunately true. If you are ok with getting out after 12, you might have more luck.

For the east side manakiki is going to be the best option. You have to book through the metro parks website though I believe.

1 Like

Torrential downpour and flooding all over Cleveland, and especially the east side last night. More rain expected tonight. Courses will be open but it’s going to be a slog and if you’re a cart guy it’s not going off the path. Manakiki is a great choice as others have said, will likely be a very slow round though.

2 Likes

Was wondering if anyone’s heard anything about how the courses are looking? So much water out there today.

@GGates18 any intel on CIC? Supposed to play there next Wednesday in the NOGA shamble. How’s she drain?

CIC drains pretty well. I was up there once for an AM qualifier and we got rained out but they waited 4-5 hours to see if it would clear up. We played it the next day. Pretty sandy spot so it shouldn’t be an issue. Only potential issue I could see it bunkers, maybe. I’ve only been able to make it up there once this year and it was great.

1 Like

I’ve got a buddy that is coming back to the Dayton area on leave for the first time in almost two years. We have three rounds planned at the moment but I am looking for one more. Any recommendations for a really solid final round? Willing to drive to Cincy or Cbus too. Thanks in advance.

What are the three rounds you currently have scheduled?

One at the Shores for nostalgia for a bunch of Troy kids. Then one in Columbus probably Cumberland Trail or Darby Creek and then the third is the one we haven’t decided on yet.

1 Like

I am at CiC right now. Standing water all over the course. The hole that runs from the clubhouse along the road toward the main building is half water, from mid fairway up to the fringe, and both green side bunkers have water in them. With how hot it’ll be today, it might be playable by tomorrow, but there’s definitely a lot of water that’s gonna have to move out

2 Likes

Shores is solid, it’s in pretty good shape right now too.

What are you looking for for a third course? There are a lot of ways we could go with this. You guys architecture nerds at all?

We have started dipping our toes in the architecture waters but I wouldn’t call us architecture nerds.

1 Like

I was going to suggest two loops of The Mound to see some cool stuff for cheap, but maybe not then.

For something somewhat expensive but with great bones and always in great shape: Yankee Trace.

For cheap, but fun: Community Golf Club

For a challenge: Reid Park North

Something somewhat unique to the area: National Golf Links

3 Likes

TYFYS! Not a ton more rain in the forecast so hopefully it’s firmed up by next week. Never as fun as it could be seeing a course for the first time if it’s drenched.

Yeah I think there’s a tiny bit more coming tonight, but nothing through next week. It’s gonna be a little more mild, so maybe it doesn’t dry out super fast, but I’m sure they’ll have it ready to go by then

Truth. @Browcoww77 it’s more a matter of family, kids, etc. that preclude us from taking you up on your invites. Not you - or your flashy wardrobe :wink: :safety_vest::shorts:

2 Likes