Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

If we lose our playoff game Saturday I’ll be in for Sunday. Won’t know until Saturday afternoon tho so don’t save me a spot if you make a time somewhere

I’m in for sure. This Golftec push draw needs to see the light of day

1 Like

If you’re coming to the Findlay event, why not come a day early and play some extra golf and have some fun

Anyone going to the golf expo in Cincinnati today I’m about to head that way.

Got a chance to play it in '21 before they closed for the reno. They were limiting guest play somewhat last year once they re-opened, seems like demand since the reno is off the charts.

Watching The Fried Egg video, it looks amazing. They seem to have done a fantastic job undoing the terrible job Jack did.

3 Likes

100%. I was incredibly underwhelmed (with the course) when I played it. The clubhouse and the history it contains is a different story. Spent upwards of an hour wandering around looking at old scorecards, posters, etc.

1 Like

@smithburger still have an opening tomorrow at 1050 at Glenview?

1 Like

I do not. Canceled that tee time and playing four bridges with a member now. Apologies!

1 Like

Checking in on you Ohio Nesters in the wake of the train derailment… is everyone OK? Are you canceling rounds? Getting out if the area for a bit? Sounds like it could have lasting effects, which is terrible.

4 Likes

Thanks for the thought and I’ll second it but I’m not sure we have very many people if any at all where that’s located. It’s pretty rural and right on the Pennsylvania border. Terrible accident and seems like it’s being handled poorly.

I grew up about 30 minutes down the road to the west and my parents still live in my hometown. They can see smoke and stuff even though the wind is blowing everything east into PA.

One of the better public courses in the state is ten minutes from East Palenstine (The Links at Firestone Farms) and I wonder if they’ll be affected by the on-going aftermath. It’s also west of EP but if the wind changes…anything could happen.

1 Like

After we get back from our team trip Thursday it’s 100% golf season.

16 Likes

Made a podcast appearance. Give it a listen

6 Likes

Tuesday, 12:20 PM in the middle of February and Big Met was playing SLOOWWW. Gotta love it.

5 Likes

Is the ground still frozen enough that balls aren’t plugging?

Throwing this out for any late adds.

The weather for the Fropen is looking like late spring. Alt shot, random pairings in the parking lot.

Ottawa park golf course
Toledo oh
11am
This Saturday

4 Likes

hell yes

4 Likes

Yeah it wasn’t that sloppy, and balls were moving a little bit. I didn’t have any that fully plugged, but a couple drives didn’t move too far from where they landed.

Knew you’d approve of that one!