Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I hadn’t swung a club since November but it seemed pretty accurate. I thought my 60 degree goes further, but my 7 iron and driver seemed about right on distance.

I was by myself and it was 11 AM on a Wednesday, but they have TV’s, a full bar and food. I think it would be fun if you had a group of guys. I’m guessing the food is nothing special at all based on the menu.

Anyone going to the golf show in Columbus this weekend?

1 Like

It’s been nice to go to the Golf Dome just to hit balls and keep a swing. The Trackman bays are helpful for me and it helps it’s close by.

1 Like

First time, long time. You can find me in and around Cleveland. Excited to #GetInvolved.

And if anyone has recs for a stay-and-play golf trip for 8 buddies within a 5-hr drive of NEO… TIA.

10 Likes

Welcome. Very active community around cleveland

1 Like

Penn-Ohio golf trail is always solid if you’ve never done it.

4 Likes

Super helpful resource I wasn’t aware of. Thanks for sharing! And Go Browns

2 Likes

Latrobe, PA. Even if you don’t get on Latrobe CC, the area is good. Totteridge, Champion Lakes, Glengarry, and you could hit Olde Stonewall on the way out there. Also, the Dino’s on US-30 in Latrobe is the best. Pitcher of IC Light and crispy triple-time wings, can’t go wrong.

Olde is just very cool and big and really well done, not spectacular from an architect perspective. All the other courses I think are really fun and the style of golf is different enough from what we get here in Ohio to warrant the short trip.

5 Likes

Most of non-UP Michigan is within 5 hours of Cleveland

3 Likes

Exactly the kind of trip we typically take. From the unique courses to post-round pitchers and wings.

And there’s a guy in our group who’s super into Rolling Rock for some reason no one understands, so it would double as a pilgrimage for him.

Definitely adding Latrobe to the list; thank you

2 Likes

Two years ago we were up in the thumb. If you ever find yourself near Bad Axe, MI (great city name), definitely check out Verona Hills; public course, well conditioned, challenging enough, and took great care of us.

Grand Rapids and a few of the stay-and-play options around the state are on the list for future. Traverse City and surrounding area is interesting but probably too far than I can get the group to drive.

1 Like

The Devries trio (mines, diamond springs, pilgrims run) and stoatin Brae would be an incredible few days of golf. Get an air bnb near/in downtown GR and hit up all the breweries. I lived in GR for 6 years awesome city. Can give you some cool spots if you take that route.

9 Likes

Every group has one dude who is into either Heineken or RR. Its just the way of the world.

4 Likes

A post for Clevelanders, if you might be interested.

So I’ve been doing golf specific workouts with this TPI certified personal trainer and physical therapist for a bit out on the east side. It’s incredible. Not only are the workouts great, but I am not in great shape and his being a physical therapist is a godsend. My back or whatever will start acting up and he’ll be able to work it out in three minutes so we can get back to the workout. It’s really great for someone like me who wants to get back into working but is afraid my hamstring will fall out or something.

It’s relatively expensive, but if we can coordinate times, he makes it much more affordable for small groups.

Is anyone in Cleveland interested? It’s just me and one other young member from my club at the moment.

Shoot me a PM if so.

(Disclosure: I do not work for the company or anything, I just like his offerings and am looking to share it and possibly get everyone a less expensive golf-specific workout. Cheers all!)

6 Likes

Hey SW Ohio crew. Planning a Bourbon/Golf trip to Louisville in May. Any course suggestions? We have a house in Louisville from Thursday-Sunday.

3 Likes

Findlay signup is live. Yay.

6 Likes

I’ve seen the ads on Instagram, I didn’t know 1803 golf were Dayton based.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/inno/stories/profiles/2023/02/02/online-retailer-experiencing-growth.html?csrc=6398&utm_campaign=trueAnthemTrendingContent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2EMSa5DsLgu_Qx2rizh2Pm2d7Yr3BFcnjKso3SrvKtHDsZbWH7lb3QZHM

1 Like

Soooooooo many ads for them. Must work. I clicked

2 Likes

Angel’s Envy is a cool stop for an urban distillery you can hit within walking distance of the hotel if you’re downtown. If you’re a Broken Tee Society member, there is a guy in there who I think is the top brand guy at Buffalo Trace. There’s a thread in the BTS discord about bourbon you’d run into him there. Nice guy always offering to help people out when they are down there

2 Likes