No Findlay-Ing Up - Findlay OH - Attendees - Possibly You?

Let’s run it back. May 6, 2023 in Findlay, OH. 9:00 shotgun start with registration opening at 7:30 and group photo at 8:50.

We will be playing 18 holes of quota to qualify for one NIT spot plus some version of shenanigans in the afternoon. My goal is to end up at False Chord brewing again after golf.

Sycamore Springs will be our wonderful hosts again this year and the cost is $90 and that covers golf, lunch, cart fee and donation to charity. Hancock County Humane Society and Findlay Area Junior Golf are the charities again this year.

When signing up on Golf Genius you’ll be assigned to the waitlist. Once you Venmo me the payment you’ll get moved to the confirmed list. Since we are using Golf Genius, the size of the event is getting bigger and we have the course the whole day the $90 is non-refundable. It’s worked out in the past where people have paid the day of but it’s a huge burden on the course staff.

There will be an optional $20 50/50/CTP game that I’ll announce the morning of. Again, this is completely optional, you’ve paid the $90 for the event and the travel, the last thing I want to do is make you shell out more funds.

Any hotels you’ll want to stay at if you’re budget friendly are off of I-75 on 224/Trenton Ave area. If you’re coming to False Chord or in town for more than a night I highly recommend the Findlay Inn. The Hancock Hotel is sold out due to Univ of Findlay graduation.

Sycamore itself is really laid back and has plenty of room to run around and do hood rat shit if your kids or family want to show up sometime. However, the attractions for families in Findlay is really focused on our park system, the Children’s Museum and playgrounds. If you’re spouse and kids are into children’s books and artwork from them then be sure to check out the Mazza museum. It’s a world renowned art gallery filled with children’s book art and memorabilia.

Here’s the signup list, LETS GO!

10 Likes

Wait-listed? Me?

This is an outrage!!! :smiley:

EDIT: I’m an idiot. :smiley:

2 Likes

It says that the sign up isn’t live until the 3rd

Yet there are people signed up.

EDIT: Yep, I didn’t read the entire post.

2 Likes

I believe that you are “waitlisted” until you pay and Joe moves you over to the registered list.

1 Like

Dammit. I should have read the entire post.

Admittedly I don’t know how to change that scrolling banner so I said screw it.

2 Likes

Payment sent Joe should be a great time again

1 Like

Same thing, did the same damn thing

1 Like

cant-wait-football

2 Likes

TL:DR you sign up and go to waitlist, pay me and you’re confirmed

1 Like

Hell we have 40 signed up already.

5 Likes

44 between paid and wait list. I’m floored.

3 Likes

We’re at waitlist already?

Edit: nevermind, I’m an idiot.

2 Likes

Is it may yet? I just want to play golf outdoors and not freeze my ass off.

3 Likes

I haven’t picked up a club since the first weekend in November. It’s been a welcome break but man am I ready to see ball flight

7 Likes

Couple decent looking Airbnb’s still available. If anyone is interested hit me up. Also, anyone book hotels yet? Findlay Inn looks to be down to just single king rooms.

What are you thinking for days? FRI-SUN?

Being able to hit balls outside today was therapeutic but has my mind wondering if we’re going to see sycamore spicy and firm like last year. I hope it is. That was fun.

1 Like

We answer to Mother Nature. No rain and you’ll get it bouncy, normal Ohio April and it’s target golf.

2 Likes