Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

We shot 6 under and lost by 7 or 8. At least 25% of the holes had blockers around the holes so if you were in the wrong spot of the green there was physically no way to make the putt. I find it a bit dubious that 3 or 4 teams shot better then 10 under.

Was perfect weather and a lot of fun though. Never expected to win. Had a great time. Will play again next year if they do it.

[edit] It was a normal shotgun start so I think JET start is just a PC way of saying shotgun because the entire world is dumb.

3 Likes

I don’t know that I played a course this year as firm and fast as sycamore was back in May. Knowing geographically where it is in our great state, I wasn’t sure what to expect. It was an absolute delight. A true second shot course. I shot terribly because I was in the midst of a 2 1/2 month slump which raised my handicap almost 3 strokes but the vibes were high all day. 10/10 would recommend No Findlay-ing Up. I’ll definitely be there May 6th.

1 Like

I’m going to come back next year with some with some heavy duty clear auto wrap in my bag to seal it on there so the only way that sticker comes off is to take the bell down.

1 Like

Can’t. Wait. For sure getting in on the alt shot this time too. I hesitated this year and missed out.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! It’s a relatively easy course overall, but totally agree it seems near impossible to have multiple teams go that deep with those kind of elements in play.

I’m hopeful they do it again so I can get a team together. I play in an outing there every year (actually why I missed one of the roost events this summer) and really enjoy the course for what it is.

I was looking forward to making this this year but sadly I am out as well. My son has his First Communion that day too.

Derby weekend is #firstcommunionSZN

3 Likes

Anyone within, say, an hour of Findlay interested in playing Friday afternoon? Likely won’t be out of a meeting until 1230-1245, but would like to get out for a round and a couple cold beers after that, and usual playing partners are all unavailable at the moment. Willing to meet anywhere in that radius, but obviously the closer we are to Findlay the earlier we could get out

I’d love to join you but my kids school pickup is at 3.

1 Like

Yeah like I said last night, if I didn’t have this stupid mandatory meeting I’d go out way earlier, but being able to sleep in, get a haircut at 1030, then head in for some quick paperwork and the meeting is also a nice consolation prize. Worst comes to worst I’ll go out by myself, but I generally don’t like playing by myself that much

Work ruins everything. I usually try to get out early when I play during the week. Can get a 2 hour round in at 830ish am here!

Well the annoying part is that I don’t work Fridays, but these meetings that could easily be an email/text thread, and definitely be every 4 weeks instead of 2, only happen mid day on Monday and Friday, due to guys in my role having differing off days. So every other week I have to plan my life around being able go into work for 45 minutes in the middle of a Friday afternoon. Not great for golf season!

1 Like

That sounds awful. Every friday I have a stupid work meeting at 815. But at least it’s done early.

I literally showed my boss how all the GolfNow hot deals are between 1130-1230 as a reason the meetings need to be earlier. He did not find that to be a convincing argument

6 Likes

Maybe a power point will drive it home?

1 Like

I assume everybody who’s interested already knows Windmill Lakes is doing a ‘23-‘24 membership, but just in case, they’ve sent emails to current members. Check your spam if you haven’t seen it. They say it’ll go to the general public in a few days if anybody is looking to get in on it

1 Like

Live look at @Browcoww77

2 Likes

Aint that the truth. Its a panic every 2 years for me.

2 Likes

Hey Ohioans, heading to Cleveland for a day/night trip tomorrow and staying at the Hyatt downtown.

Need the best coffee shops and breweries to hit

2 Likes

The back patio on the water at Collision Bend Brewing is great. Should be a great day for it tomorrow, too.

As for coffee shop, I personally like Rising Star. You’ll have to cross the Detroit-Superior bridge for that, but it’s less than two miles from the hotel.

Added bonus: right next to Rising Star is Larder, the chefs for which were Beard Award Semifinalists… for a fucking deli. It’s too good.

6 Likes