Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Yo - any NW Ohio folks near Catawba Island Club and willing to make a few merch purchases on my behalf? Me and the best ball partner qualified out of there and have a tradition of matching hats, but we’re both 1.5hrs+ away from there.
I can Venmo and send a headcover or two for the trouble. Thanks!

2 Likes

Swung by play it again sports today and it looked like someone either did a full upgrade or quit playing because there is a set of Rogue St irons along with D, 3W, and 5W. In addition, there was a stroke lab putter. Someone do me a favor and buy them so I am no longer tempted.

2 Likes

I’d recommend grabbing a Cleveland bagel if you head across the bridge to Ohio City/Hingetown. Rosemary sea salt with cheddar chive spread. You won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

Oh buddy welcome to my world. My daughter does dance next door so they know me very well in there. I took a picture to see if a friend was interested.

I think cpo might be a better deal but those things are in good shape. Seller came in and just wanted to offload for the next set.

I took a look and the 3 and 5 were cheaper than CPO.

Oh then you should definitely do it. Would recommend

I wa there just looking for a super cheap lefty set for some off season stupidity, but they had no iron sets. They also had a pretty decent set of Hogan Apexs for $119

I have my eye on the set of Cleveland vas in there. I need to sell my one set of irons so I can replace them with the Cleveland.

Noble beast is the best brewery in the city, and masthead is a short walk away and probably the second best. Both have outstanding food too. Bookhouse is a sleeper great brewery downtown too.

I second rising star coffee

3 Likes

CiC is my biggest customer. I’m there on mondays and Thursdays. If you DM what you want, I can look into it for you.

4 Likes

Amazing, thank you!

One spot available for Brookledge, 12:12 Sunday.

Got some news on qualifiers in the Dayton area today via my volunteering group.

Looks like there will be an Ohio Am qualifier at NCR CC (May 30), US Women’s AM qualifier returning to Walnut Grove (July 13), US Mens AM qualifier returning to Moraine (July 17).

And of course, US Open Final qualifying at Springfield CC! (June 5)

Time to start lining up some time off for volunteering (for me).

EDIT: I guess I should include tentitave dates huh?

7 Likes

Did you volunteer for Springfield? What’d they have you doing?

1 Like

I volunteered there last year and already put in my volunteer request for this year as well.

Last year I had the morning off which allowed me to follow Z. Blair, N. Hardy, and S. Theegala for a few holes each. In the afternoon I was a walking scorer for a group of three including Varun Chopra who really impressed me.

This year I think I’m going to try and walking score for both rounds.

3 Likes

Thinking about taking a mental health day to play golf tomorrow. Anyone within an hour-ish of Dayton that wants to play?

Want to try and get on somewhere new (or that I haven’t played this year at least) or to evangelize someone about the muni golf here in Dayton.

cc: @NSenak88 you’re in KY right? If I made the drive to Kearney?

1 Like

Sorry man can’t. I did this yesterday and played a different Pete Dye that you would’ve loved.

1 Like

Don’t hurt me like that…… but also which?

Peninsula Golf Resort. It was really really good.

7 Likes

Ohhh man. How’s it compare to Kearney?