Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I haven’t played there (…yet). I grew up much more in a strapped lifestyle playing cheap twilight rounds on Thunderbird South. I am going to find some angle next summer to get on there. Can’t be that tough.

Oh I feel you there. I’ve played one round of golf at a private club in my life. Plum brook and CiC are both customers of mine, but I feel like I’ve got a lot better shot at getting on at PBCC.

CIC is on my list for next summer too. Should be able to get that one.

Plum Brook seems like a fantasy to me. Never heard of them forever, and then all of a sudden they pop up in my Instagram ads hawking their memberships like 3 years ago. I’m not sure it actually exists in the real world.

2 Likes

You can rest easy, because it definitely exists. The facilities are kind of old and dated, but not exactly decrepit or anything. Never been out in the course, but the parts I can see look well maintained and have a ton of trees. I know they host a couple state/regional events every year too.

NEO gui here…as a westsider this whole conversation is appealing. Very intrigued by this conversation :handshake:

1 Like

Eaglecreek in Norwalk would be the best option. Course is always in great shape

1 Like

Hell yeah!

Sir, given your name I believe it is mandatory that we play a round at some point haha

2 Likes

I was just in your area this month. I played the fried egg event at Meadowbrook and played Oakland Hills two weekends ago. We must play though, I will say I do enjoy Maumee Bay

1 Like

I played there easter Sunday. Was about 42 degrees and I was the only person there. Cart paths only, in hindsight should’ve just walked as I wasted so much time walking to my ball back to the cart etc. Really threw me off. For not having trees still super easy to lose a ball there in all that heather!

1 Like

You’re both jerks, you’ll get along great

7 Likes

Eagle creek is really fun.

All Spots claimed for manakiki Sunday. See you there @Buck

2 Likes

@paroutfromhere is no jerk but @parfromanywhere did get called “The Grinch” by his buddy on Sunday lol. Great time at Manakiki.

Color me interested in a NEO/NWO showdown, brotherrrrr. Maxamania 3?!

2 Likes

It was an accurate statement I can’t deny it lol

2 Likes

We have some pretty good auctions for those in Ohio that want to play cool courses.

What I’m hearing you say is “East vs West: Northern Ohio Edition”. I’m in.

4 Likes

Fight it out at Goofy Golf in Sandusky with beers at the Thirsty Pony.

7 Likes

I’ve got a 10:30 at manakiki tomorrow (10/7) morning if anyone wants in. Buddy was supposed to come in from out of town and just bailed so currently flying solo.

Edit: Also considering scooping a 9am instead, heading straight there from preschool drop off and seeing how much I can play before 3:30 pickup.

2 Likes