Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I’d be shocked if this is still available 3 hours after posting, but if so, I’m definitely interested.

I haven’t played there in years (only time was in 2012) despite living about a mile away hah

1 Like

Just got word playing 36 this Sunday-Wedgewood and CC of Muirfield. So fucking pumped

6 Likes

Anyone interested in playing the Quarry in canton on Friday morning at 9am? Taking a personal day from work to play on my bday and my buddies are dragging their feet about being in or out. Can try and confirm spots in the next 24 hours.

2 Likes

i’ll take the quarry spot

Making a return on Friday! :heart:

8 Likes

Always want to play Elyria - looks great. How is it?

I did not play it last weekend, Mark did. But I caddied there for 5 years and played a lot and I can tell you, it absolutely slaps. Any chance you get, take it.

2 Likes

And it’s right next-door to Forest Hills, a very solid public. And as previously stated on here before the best public grass range in NEO. That’d make for a fun 36 one day.

1 Like

Prime shape. It’s a special place. Been lucky enough to get out there a few times over the past few years.

1 Like

You got it. Still have one spot available for the quarry on Friday 9/2 at 9am. So far it’s myself @dairchild and @NotMikeDavis

1 Like

That and Scioto are my white whales in the Columbus area. Played everything but those 2.

2 Likes

If anyone’s interested, I plan on stopping by Little Met on Weds 9/7 to drop off the check from our duck race fundraiser. Maybe walk the course a little with the coach. If anyone wants to meet there then hit a happy hour after I could be convinced to do the latter part.

Additionally if anyone has any old equipment or in decent shape shag balls they’re interested in donating let me know. I can grab them at Brian’s in Columbus on Sunday, or meet local(ish) in Cleveland sometime this weekend. Craic on!

Edit: their match starts at 3:30, I’d be getting there closer to 4:30.

3 Likes

Anyone play shaker cc before? Checking it out for the first time Sunday and curious what to expect.

Joe I’ll have a cold one with you broski and have an old Ricky era Cobra driver collecting dust.

1 Like

Right on! I’ll text ya.

1 Like

Front nine is pretty blah. Back nine is nice. Greens are usually pretty slick and fairly large. Short is gonna leave a pretty tight lie. Clubhouse is fantastic.

I played last year and thought it was severely underrated. Agree with the previous post that the back is better but thought the front was still interesting. Excited to hear what you think.

1 Like

I’m pumped to check it out. It has been on the list for a while. Got a solid long weekend of golf lined up.
Quarry
Manakiki
Shaker
Sleepy

6 Likes

I am the opposite. I think the front is more interesting and the back is easier and more straight forward. par 3 16th is a goofy hole. It’ll be a fun time Mark, I’ll make sure of it lol. I also find it very underrated.

2 Likes

If anyone has played Glenmoor Country Club in the past and is familiar with the place, please send me a DM