Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Yeah the Budweiser distributor, who is either also owned by Budweiser or has a contract to exclusive distribute their beers, would have had those made and “loaned” those to the course

I’d like to irrationally blame the Haslams for this. There’s nothing directly or remotely related to the Browns that makes me happy these days.

I’ve learned more about Platform in the last 18 hours than I ever cared to know. It really bums me out. So in a situation like this is the end game that they won’t produce anything in Cleveland anymore? And just “claim” to be a Cleveland brewery, when they really don’t have any ties to the city anymore?

1 Like

Not really sure. I’ve never liked platform beer and could never wrap my head around why other people did. It was Cleveland’s worst brewery in my opinion and then hearing about all the other stuff that went on behind the scenes over the years just made the beer even worse. It takes someone really out of touch with how fiercely loyal Clevelander’s are to do the things they do.

4 Likes

They’ll always produce stuff at the original facility, but it’ll be small batch stuff and more experimental stuff. Goose island 312 is, ironically, exclusively made in Kansas now. But they’ll also be brewing other ABI owned brand beer there too, like Elysian Space Dust or Golden Road Mango Cart.

this place is severely underrated

3 Likes

Let me know if this is the wrong place to ask, but if there are any Springfield CC members out there, could you hit up my DMs? I have a couple questions.

2 Likes

I’m getting in here late on this, and feel like Danny Shelton jumping on the pile well after the play is over, but Platform SUCKS. Ever since they “parted ways” with Shaun Yasaki, the brewer that made them what they are, their business model has been total trash. Employee turnover out the ass, beers suck, sold out to Imbev. Now a significant layoff for the near west side of Cleveland.

I got like 3 straight 6 packs that were all flat and swore never to spend a dime on them again. I basically lived at Platform the first 2-3 years they were open, it was awesome. Never seen a place take a dive as hard as this.

You want some awesome beer, and support people who made Platform what it was, go to Noble Beast. Its Shaun’s brewery, and Bill the general manager is great. Noble is absolutely everything you want a local brewery to be, and an awesome kitchen.

I’m sorry, back to golf.

9 Likes

Nope. This never, ever happened.

1 Like

Exciting duck race news! @clevelandgooner has donated two guest greens fees at Canterbury GC. Guests responsible for their caddie or cart fees. Ducks are available until 5:00 EST this Thursday 8/25. This will be for rounds in 2023.

5 Likes

3 spots open for manakiki on Sunday at 7:50. Let me know if you want in.

1 Like

I’ll play

2 Likes

Wish I could, but family stuff… However, report back on the watering situation there if you think of it. Last three rounds I’ve played at MetroParks courses it felt like they were really overwatering. Prior to this month, felt like everything was firm and fast. But Sleepy twice and Seneca this past weekend were really really wet especially for as little rain as we have gotten.

Manakiki is still very firm and fast. Wedges from the fairway were not holding very easily for me this past weekend. It honestly needed some water on it.

They should borrow some of Seneca’s.

Kiki was absolutely stunning tonight. I have a feeling they had a tournament there this weekend because it was puuuuuuuuure.

1 Like

I’ll chop it around out there with you guys. Haven’t been out to Manakiki in forever. And I finally have availability.

4 Likes

Posting this link in here for better visibility to the group. Let me know if interested!
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/buckeye-football-squares-fundraiser-for-chs-golf/79283

I’m in if spots still available

1 Like

Last spot is yours. See you all there Sunday

2 Likes

Damnit. Was just coming for that last spot. Course is in phenomenal shape enjoy.