Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Ah, was not aware re: LM. I’m waiting to hear back from my cousin on our Monday round location. I’m suggesting Sleepy Hollow because it’s between us. If we go SH Monday, I’m down for Manakiki on Sunday.

2 Likes

Instead of having a separate quota format for the “qualified and KC available” folks, and a regular gross/net for everyone else - wouldn’t it just be easier to do the quota format for everyone? Worked well for the 3 other events.

And it might be quicker too - everyone picks up at gross double in the quota game, instead of net double for regular gross/net game.

You can still have a net winner (normal points vs. quota) and a gross winner (gross points regardless of quota).

Also it might be neat to have something for the quota “winner” from among the “qualified” attendees (top 10s from Cincy, Findlay, and Kiki). It might be sort of meaningless (like winning the FedEx Cup, as opposed to a major) but might be a neat little thing for those that did well enough in a previous event to qualify for Denison, and play well there - especially given that so many folks’ qualifying status can’t be put to use since they can’t make a potential KC event.

@jgolf1 @methridge

3 Likes

@waver82 and I showing up to the course yesterday in the same exact shirt reminded me of an 80’s classic. Anyone who’s met us both knows we aren’t indentical. Forest Hills was in good shape, but they are overwatering IMO.

“How can bullshit walk?”

4 Likes

It’s fine…it has a few awkward holes that require an extremely precise layups. I’ve found it to be super getable at times only to crumble at the end.

Depending on the day, you might get the most curmudgeonly grumpy starter in all of golf. The guy is a Youngstown legend and not in a good way.

1 Like

Thank you. Looking forward to it a bit, even if the most I get out of it is to add another course to my list of courses played. :slight_smile:

You’ll have a good day and you might get a good story out of it, too. It’s a family-owned course and most of them work at the course in some capacity so supporting them is great, too

1 Like

Good luck to anyone doing the US Am qualifier tomorrow. Moraine probably had plenty of time to dry out :face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

Dry yet still very long for poofers. 250 off the tee is not far enough to use those slopes.

3 Likes

What time do you go off tomorrow?

1 Like

8:20 off of 1

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out. I got re-assigned from scoring to being a go-fer for the forecaddies.

1 Like

Course is awesome tho. Definitely a special place. I can’t wait to get back and play not from the tips. What better way to spend my two year wedding anniversary tomorrow than on a top 100 golf course?

13 Likes

Oh man that’ll be special for sure.

1 Like

Think of you keep it between the mustard and the mayo you’ll do alright, plenty of guys will eject themselves being overly aggressive.

5 Likes

Clearly didn’t occur to me what you were off to in our latest rando encounter in the wild!

Play well and enjoy it man

3 Likes

I agree with @Creags Keep it in play and below the hole and you’ll be surprised. Guys are going to get in jail pretty quick on some holes.

9 Likes

I agree on just doing the same quota format for everyone. 36 minus your course handicap. Done. Don’t overcomplicate a simple game with working in net/gross scoring or a different points structure.

As for this

I’d be in for having all 30 of these people bring exactly 1 single dollar bill, and the winner gets $29. Basically our scaled down version of $15,000,000 right? The winner can then go buy the Denison Imperial bucket hat they saw in the pro shop pre-round.

6 Likes

I guess I decided to just start murdering my handicap the last few times out all in the name of $20 in pro shop credit! :rofl:

6 Likes

Damn that’s a hell of a 12 months. Really emphasizing that Ohio golfers peak in mid to late June.

2 Likes

I went from 10.0 to 7.7 in 8 days!

1 Like