Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Eagle (nearly holed out for the jumbo bird) on 12-tap in bird on 13 to get me -2 standing 14 tee box. Played +5 from there.

4 Likes

You’ve played way more Ross than me. How good/tough of a short 4 is #16? That’s a good one IMO.

Was out there at sunrise this morning. Great holiday at the Kiki and can’t beat getting home by ten after walking 18.

3 Likes

So good. Once I started laying back to stay at the same level as the green my scoring average went down. A sub 350 yard par 4 from Ross is usually more difficult than a long par 4 IMO.

3 Likes

Also played out there this morning. I was -1 on 14 tee… played +4 from there… Nice 75 comrade.

3 Likes

Found this on the course today. Whats the benefit to playing a black ball? Seems like there isn’t one as whoever played it literally lost it on the fringe of the green.

3 Likes

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/july-30-oatw-denison-event/69148/46?u=creags

Cross posting from the event thread, if anyone is interested in playing OSU Scarlet the Friday (7/29) before Denison we’ve got a couple of groups lined up for the afternoon.

Official registration/payments open for Denison. Even if you’ve signed the google sheet, you need to register here:

Denison Registration

You’ve got max score as NET double. Does that mean we should be keeping track of what holes we get strokes? I thought with quota you picked up at gross double no matter what?

I’ll be honest…I’m not 100% sure how the quota game works. I’m going to work with Mike and Joe on that one. The only players participating in the quota game will be the ones competing to move on to Roost Regionals.

Everyone will be playing net/gross for that day’s event and so I set the rules based on that…and honestly, they might change between now and then!

@jgolf1 set the bar high early in the year with his quote, which should be our OATW Roost motto…

“We can do whatever the fuck we want.”

6 Likes

You are correct, pick up at gross double.

4 Likes

Assuming “Firestone” is Firestone Farms in Columbiana, yes?

Everything is good as I’m aware though Pine Lakes is probably the “iffy-est” of the group. Overall… should be just fine

1 Like

You’re correct—Firestone Farms.

Pine Lakes is one we can’t sub out - - -packager is based out of there so its required. How “iffy” is iffy—like, fairways a little thin, greens a little rough?

I would be mega surprised if it was “bad” or had anything wrong with it. I’m only remarking on their maintenance budget compared to the others on the list.

We’re talking about varying degrees of good

1 Like

Columbus People @ZekeH5 and I are playing Mill Creek in Ostrander on Sunday 7/10 at 2:00 - respond or PM me if you want to join! First come first serve.

2 Likes

Back again… Have clearance to also play Sun AM 7/17. Was thinking Little Mountain? Any OATW who would like to join or need a single elsewhere, let me know. I’ll be about 30 minutes east of Cleveland.

Wife and kids will be out of town. Totally down to tee it up 7/17. Are you committed to little mountain?

1 Like

Up for wherever. Have only played Fowler’s Mill in that area.

Little mountain is decent. Not walkable. Manakiki is the best you’ll get on the east side of Cleveland. I’ll play wherever though.

Playing a small get-together at Reserve Run later in July. What’s it like, Ohio peeps?