Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Sounds about right. Weekend golf suuuccckkksss

1 Like

I went out to heatherdowns country club on Saturday at like 230 and there was no one out at all. Was a nice day and everything, weird they didn’t have more traffic.

1 Like

First group off of Cumberland trail

4 Likes

I tried to play Pleasant Valley two Sundays ago and it was absolutely packed, two groups on every hole. So much for growing the game, I want to shrink it.

I was hoping leaving GolfNow would give the MetroParks an attendance hit but we’ll see.

Cross posting this for any interested parties

4 Likes

I will also do this, good call @Creags. Ours is Sunday at 9:20am at Powderhorn in Madison.

3 Likes

Guys I have a friend visiting and can’t decide which NEOH I want to play. Already have plans to play manakiki and sleepy hollow (obvi) but we are fairly spoiled for options up here and I wanna branch out for the third. Can anyone give a recommendation between:

• the quarry
  • Chippewa
  • Brookledge
  • Little Mountain
  • Stonewater
  • Boulder Creek

The only one I’ve played is Brookledge and I really liked it. All the rest seem like solid options so I’m curious if anyone thinks one of these really stands out above the rest

3 Likes

I’d probably pass on LIttle mountain and Stonewater. Chippewa is very well manicured but kind of blah as far as scenery. The quarry and Boulder are my two recommended courses with Boulder probably edging quarry.

2 Likes

Ya’ll know how I feel about Brookledge. Playing it Tuesday afternoon! Definitely not Little Mountain for a list of reasons long enough that it requires a round of beers to discuss. I gotta go with The Quarry only bc I’ve yet to play it and have heard mostly really good things.

Can’t believe got in all 18 at Cumberland with the rain- Finished up in 3 hours. Best greens I’ve putted on so far this season. 76 with 1 bird. My putting has been atrocious so far but ball striking has been great this year.

7 Likes

Thanks a ton for the feedback @Gobrownies09 and @joecline41. I think I may flip a coin between Brookledge and Boulder Creek. Seems like I can’t go wrong with either

1 Like

Including one with a great centerline tree!

1 Like

Bumping this if anyone wants to join: Saturday 5/28 / 7AM at Boulder Creek. @flanwilder and I squaring off in a true match play situation round of 32 contest.

3 Likes

You guys book the tee time for 4 or just for 2?

1 Like

Think we booked for four, @BoomBaby812 right?

Anyone ever play Ashland Golf Club? Drove up this morning and was really impressed. Light layout, super walkable, fun small greens, old school, and vibes for days. Would recommend.

2 Likes

I actually booked it just for 2

1 Like

Played it a few times- It used to be on golfnow a few years back so we’d get some good deals.

Old school course, greens always in good shape.

Anyone up for a round Saturday around 4pm?

I’m in Sunbury, just north of Westerville, which is just north of Columbus, which is just north of circleville, which is just north of Chillicothe, which is just north of Portsmouth.

No location in mind. Just thought I’d throw it out there.

2 Likes

In!

1 Like