Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Yep. Long is never good at sleepy.

Enjoying some breakfast before leaving for Deer Ridge. Let’s hope the golf gods show me some love on my 43rd bday.

4 Likes

Had a fun round out at Fowlers with @quicktempo before they jack up the prices. What it could be and what it is makes me sad. Charging $79 to walk with the shape it’s in currently and the work it needs is criminal. They have the original plans and lots of photos to do the full restoration if they wanted.

On the plus side I got a flag to add to my collection.

7 Likes

Deer ridge was in pretty good shape this morning. Greens were a bit bumpy with the poa- They hadn’t rolled em in 1-2 days we thought.

38-39-77 with 0 birdies. Probably my worst 2 putting performances I can recall b2b. Hit it great just made zilch. Forgot to take pics but here is a screen shot on 10.

Missed a 8 footer for bird.

1 Like

I have a fitting booked at the Warrensville Hts Club Champion on Friday 6/24 at 1:30 that I got using the promo code that blew up Daily Deals. The whole bag fitting is 100.00.

After a review of the golf/household budget as well as my PTO bank, I think I’m going to cancel. I know it’s a great deal, but I don’t have plans to upgrade more in the bag this season. So I’d rather use the 100.00 towards other golf-related expenses.

Before I call to cancel, would anyone in CLE be interested in taking the spot if they’ll honor the same price? Text or DM me in the next few days. Craic on!

NEOH (or surrounding) folks: got a tee time at Boulder Creek on Saturday 5/28 (7am). Myself and @flanwilder confirmed thus far. Would welcome anyone else who’d like to join.

1 Like

Got out to National golf links with my brother. Gorgeous morning. Teed off at 7:45, finished up at 10:10. Course was in good shape- They had just cut and rolled the greens so they were running smooth.

77 with 1 bird. My bro shoots 72. Reached 18 in 2 from the blacks. Just hits the shit out of a ball.

2 Likes

Quick little plug, my dad is superintendent at Dayton’s muni, and they just are putting the finishing touches of a lengthy redesign… Mostly bunker work, but a lot of drainage overhaul as well…

6 Likes

God I cannot wait to play this again with the Reno done. The dual 18th holes look so much nicer and all the tree removal has done wonders.

1 Like

I’ve honestly never played there. He got this job after I had moved out, and the only times I tend to be in the area, there is snow on the ground. He did take me around and show me last year what they are doing, and they do plan on doing more short grass around the greens, but that is long term, because there is still some sod in those areas.

1 Like

That makes sense. They removed a lot of bunkers in good areas to help speed up pace of play and mowing down some of those hollows will be nice.

The greens there are always wicked and honestly some of the best I play on every year even with how busy the courses are. Props to that.

1 Like

Ohio Friends,

Hated Michigander here, making the trip to Columbus next weekend for the Memorial and probably sneaking in 18 on Friday morning somewhere between Toledo and Columbus. I’ve done some googling but nothing really standing out amongst the rest. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Delaware GC is on 23 just north of Columbus- It’s a solid track- Back 9 has some Ross designed holes.

We need to make that happen

1 Like

Sycamore Springs in findlay. The home of Ohio NLU

4 Likes

What day(s) are you headed to the tournament? I’ll be there Thursday.

FYI, if anyone’s looking for single day passes, it’s lame you can’t buy one directly from the tournament. But, if you’re using SeatGeek for the first time Tony Kornheiser’s pod has promo code TONY for 20.00 off your first purchase. The service fee is usurious so you don’t save the 20 really, more like 5 bucks. But like a boss I once had would always say, it’s better than a kick in the teeth.

Edit: nevermind, misread your post. JC regrets the error.

I’ll be there Friday (afternoon), Saturday, and Sunday. Went to the Rocket Mortgage Classic last year & had so much fun I decided I needed to step it up a notch this year.

I plan to attend No FindLaying Up in the future so I’ll save that one, but Delaware looks like a fun track with some good history. I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

1 Like

Played here a bunch when I as at UD. Going to have to pencil it in next time I’m back in town!

1 Like

Riverby hills just south of toledo.

1 Like

I drove out there to play on a whim on Sunday and the place was packed.d

1 Like