Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

If anybody’s interested in the NOGA four ball at Lake Forest Monday June 20th, I’m off work for Juneteenth and available. Sign ups open Monday. Can be dangerous in a freed up format as an 11

No pressure, will find somewhere to play regardless, weather permitting

1 Like

I’m hearing Glenross GC clubhouse is on fire. Course is just outside Columbus.

This was the tagline in my match.com profile years ago.

Edit: I’m in! @blackhammer and I counting all of our dots…
bryson-counting-to-10

1 Like

I drove right by there after my nieces bday party in Deleware. Several fire trucks and looked like they were on the roof. No visible smoke or damage from what I saw.

Yo! Did you already cancel or find someone to take over this fitting? I’d be interested if not

No takers yet, but haven’t canceled either. All you. Hit me in the DM’s or a text

One opening at 1:00 tomorrow at Brookledge

Howdy Ohio Friends, dropping in from the Chicago thread as I spent MDW in the Cleveland area. Stayed near W 25th street and loved the area, then spent Sunday out at Cuyahoga National Park and played a twilight 18 at Sleepy Hollow. General thoughts:

1. Great Lakes Dortmunder is :fire:
  2. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame completely exceeded my expectations
  3. Sleepy Hollow might be the best muni I’ve ever played, such a fun course and it was in great shape. Elevation changes were amazing and challenging. Back nine was wild with all the blind shots considering I’d never been there before and was playing as a single.
  4. The Ohio Roost is OUT THERE! (Pictured on the bell on No. 14 I believe)

10 Likes

Its still there! Awesome to see my tag alive and well. If its still there a few weeks later I would think its going to be there a while. @Browcoww77

3 Likes

Nearly broke 90 (92) at Deer Ridge in Bellville yesterday. Very cool course.

5 Likes

The thrill of breaking a milestone score is VERY real

2 Likes

+13 through 9 was a tough look, but had a par par birdie par streak. Was so pumped. This is about the 25th time I’ve played a round of golf in my life so I’m still very green, but really happy. Nice playing somewhere other than Village View in Hartford.

1 Like

That’s a really great stretch, it’s what keeps you coming back. As a high single digit I struggled to break 90 the first few weeks of this season (game is starting to come around) I was in a serious mental funk about it. But recently I had one of those stretches and you remember how fun it can be.

I have two rules when I play. Have fun and don’t get hurt. Scores are scores, I’m never going to be a tour player or play for real money (betting notwithstanding) so why worry about it. Do I want to improve and get to a certain skill level, sure, but I’m no longer letting that define my golf experience

4 Likes

Any advice for obtaining Memorial tickets? Planning to go Thursday. Should I buy on StubHub or is that a way to get burned?

StubHub is fine, but the shipping cutoff for Thursday tickets was 3pm today. You can still get them on VividSeats, as they have a later shipping cutoff. Thursday tickets are only $20-$25, but you’ll have to pay an additional $25 for overnight shipping.

You honestly might wanna try craigslist. That’s where I used to get Bridgestone tickets since I always waited till like the day before the tournament started.

1 Like

Spent Memorial Day getting 25k steps in at Muirfield in an elephant shirt.

14 Likes

Anyone around Cleveland interested in a dawn patrol round on Friday the 3rd? Preferably something on/near the westside.

I gotta drop out of Saturday’s event- I had another seizure yesterday and was in the hospital all night. Didn’t break my back this time, but do not feel great so I better drop out.

Good luck to everyone playing in it.

12 Likes

Jesus dude feel better! I’ve been reading through the different posts about your recovery and relieved you did not break your back again.

3 Likes