Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

what’s up Ohio. I’m from Springfield Ohio and im down to play anywhere. I just found the refuge and its so dope

6 Likes

Welcome @lukewells! You just missed a meet-up of 50+ of us down in Cincinnati back in November, you would have been at the top of the card! There is a strong contingent of OH based Refugees. Look forward to getting together and teeing it up sometime.

1 Like

I’m excited for the next one in Ohio!

What up luke. Lots of Ohio representing on the refuge. Where do you play? I’ve played plenty of the Springfield adjacent public courses - National (the one next to 70), Sugar Isle, whatever TF is up in St Paris…Indian Springs and woodland are probably the best public I can think of.

my favorite public track is Reid park! they have 36 and both courses are fun!

1 Like

Cheating a bit as I am currently in Missouri but Ohio is (and will be again) my home. Lived in Columbus (mainly Westerville) and played most of my golf on the north side. League at Delaware - previously at Safari and Glenross. Originally from Port Clinton up on Lake Erie and played at the now deceased Catawba Willows and CIC when I was there.

7 Likes

Springfield!!

New here, but not to NLU. Located between Dayton and Springfield. Whats up Ohio?

6 Likes

Welcome! There is a great group of OH based refugees. Look forward to some sort of get together this summer for sure.

4 Likes

Nice! You play anywhere regularly? I’m in Loveland

Not a member anywhere but try to get out all over. Cassel Hills and Windy Knoll are probably the go too’s for me, but I also end up at Kittyhawk a lot due to it being right by my work. My good friend is the assistant at Kinsale so i try to get up there as often as possible to get my ass whooped by him and the course lol. looking forward to whatever gets put together for the Ohio boys this summer!

2 Likes

We’ve got a good contingent in all the major cities, so I think you’ll find plenty of games within driving distance!!

1 Like

Played Windy Knoll last week! 50 degree day, had to take advantage!

1 Like

Northwest Ohio (Toledo,BG, and Findlay) Checking In.

4 Likes

What up Findlay

I’ll be passing through Toledo -> Marietta tomorrow & wanted to know if anybody knew of any courses open to play. Sign me up for 60+ degrees in January… who wants to launch 'em?

2 Likes

Columbus here…looks like upwards of 70 degrees tomorrow but rainy…I’ll be going to play if they aren’t all closed. Anybody wanna get a round in?

@Even_Smaller_Icarus certainly interested if you can find an open track

1 Like

Just wanted to drop in and say that every single one of us appreciates you using the search function and posting here instead of making a whole new thread.

4 Likes

Us Columbusites aren’t against making the short drive out that way. Let us know when you want to play!