Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Hey Hank, I’m a senior at Wright State but often am at UD on the weekends. I grew up here in Dayton. I would suggest Heatherwoode, Pipestone, or Cassel Hills. I’ll have to meet ya or play with you next semester some time

2 Likes

Former (brief) Miami Valley resident here. If driving a bit doesn’t bother you, Turtle Creek in Greenville and Windy Knoll in Springfield are both great value and incredibly fun. Some of the holes at Turtle are very tight, especially the 10th, but I’ve always had a good time playing there, the conditions are excellent, and it’s cheap as hell. I’ve blitzed Windy Knoll for some of my lowest rounds so that may affect my judgement, but used to live down the street from there, fun place, has some good risk-reward holes. Don’t recommend much else in either Greenville or Springfield, but those courses made living in the area more enjoyable.

2 Likes

Would love to. Hit me up whenever

1 Like

I like Windy Knoll but their tiny flags are so odd, I’ve never seen it before

How tiny are we talking?

image https://thesandtrap.com/b/imgs/courses/windy_knoll_05_green.jpg

Like 2 feet tall, putting green flags but on every hole

1 Like

Holy shit. Why would they do that?

I completely forgot about that and it is very jarring. Really screws with your depth perception, especially on the first couple of holes.

I can only speculate that small flags are to mitigate wind and i have seen them on a course called Tribute in Dallas was which replicated various holes from the Open rota.

Hi fellow Findlay guy

1 Like

Any Cincy guise looking to play tomorrow? @Carlitos and I are thinking about meeting up to take advantage of the nice weather.

New here but not new to following NLU.

From Chesapeake, OH bottom of the state. Pretty crappy place to live as far as golf options go though.

2 Likes

We should play some time :beers:

Grew up in Springfield and have played Windy Knoll a bunch. My lowest rounds ever have been on that course (still can’t break par). It is a fun track. Used to be a ton harder but removed bunkers and got rid of some small creeks.

1 Like

Chesapeake, eh? Same here.
Small world…

1 Like

didn’t expect someone else from the peake in here. we’re gonna have to tee it up some time.

you originally from the area?

Senior at Xavier University in Cincinnati here. Work at Avon fields. Old muni course in the city.

11 Likes

Oh we know all about Avon Fields

10 Likes

Welcome!! My Gui, you’re in the right place. Check this out…

Duel to the Death: The Strong Like Stella “Sorry, Nandy” Cincinnati Open

1 Like

I was working while the Duel was going on! Such a cool event to see and be there. Still got a bunch of tees and stickers you guys left around.

11 Likes