Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I live in a small village adjacent to Blue Ash - same zip code! And have played Blue Ash many times. It’s deceivingly hard in my opinion but is a lot of fun. Interesting holes, some of them make you think about club selection.

My friends and I have no qualms about great value muni’s. The golf buddy in Dayton - also a UD grad, class of '09 - was the catalyst for our larger golf party buying pushcarts and signing up for GHIN. If he doesn’t make a commission, he’s missing out. I digress. He’s a big fan of Meadowbrook, so we’ll be there once all the white stuff goes away.

I’ll send you a message, would love to get your contact info so we can get together for a round in the greater Gem City Area or if you find yourself migrating down towards the Queen City, let’s get together for a round at Blue Ash.

2 Likes

Sounds good!

Dayton CC is a fun course with some interesting elevation changes and a couple quirks. From following their twitter account, I think they’ve been cleaning up some trees out there as well. It’s been a while since I’ve played there but I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Blue ash #10 is one of the best par 5s n the city.

4 Likes

Columbus here via Dayton. Grew up caddying at Moraine, course is as advertised if not better. Got out on NCR South for the first time since HS this past summer and was blown away, definitely a big boy course.

Looking into leagues for this year in the Columbus area. Potentially two-man team or individual, any suggestions?

6 Likes

Love it! I’m not usually a fan of the blind approach to the green, but going for the green in two blind adds another level of excitement - and satisfaction when you pull it off!

@jobu415 @flyersfanatic513 I work in Blue Ash but live just over an hour north. Sadly, I’ve only played the course once but I occasionally get over there to chip/putt during lunch. Count me in for a round if you guys are thinking of playing Blue Ash after the weather breaks!

Those would be friends of mine too. Gotta find the joy in a muni. I love to hype the 16th hole par 5 at Reeves (people may laugh) but you gotta remember they operate on a budget and I’m happy they exist.

1 Like

I love Dayton Community, and most of my rounds last year were played at Jamaica Run in Miamisburg because it was the easiest place to get a tee time. I live that muni life.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me!

I played in the golf week tour am events a few years ago. I liked it a lot- Some good private courses in the central Ohio area were on the menu for play.

1 Like

If you can swing it I would recommend volunteering for the Memorial. I believe if you do 8 hours they give you a week long pass plus a one day pass, if you do 12 hours they give you two week long passes. I try to always volunteer for something before the tournament, pretty good deal.

Nothing deceiving about Blue Ashe. That course is legit hard in the summer. I don’t live very far away. Always down for a round there. If I see a post here or in the what’s app group I’m down.

2 Likes

unnamed

15 Likes

We’re taking over.

3 Likes

Hell yeah - I’m down to play at Blue Ash, too. I feel a little momentum building here guise! Calendar a hookie weekday round in late March for two or three foursomes?

5 Likes

It’ll have to be a longer summer night for me to get down there but sounds fun.

1 Like

I’ve probably hit it into people there on a couple of occasions on a 2nd shot. That tee shot (if you’re feeling uncomfortable) is daunting.

Especially on the east side, public golf is somewhat hard to come by. I haven’t explored the Reeves track much but would love to. I’m in Aviation and might be a bit distracted by the aircraft on approach/takeoff. Could be a potential pace of play issue.

1 Like

I get distracted too and imagine myself living the life of flying private and then am reminded that I’m playing Reeves, which is all fine and good. Ha!

2 Likes