Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Good course to have a small gathering. They have a pretty great patio area. Workers are a bit stuffy at times but it’s a good place to hang. I would be in.

2 Likes

Yeah, Little Turtle has a little bit of a weird layout but they just poured a ton of money into it.

I love Rattlesnake, when I played there last summer I saw this on #14. Still laughing today about it.

7 Likes

The power lines on 16 are the perfect height for my trajectory. Every time I play it I think my ball splits the lines. One time I did hit them as the ball was going dead down the fairway. Never found the ball…evaporated???

Holy crap! I didn’t even realize there was a house “in play” on the course.

Yeah, I think it’s the only one or two.

2 Likes

Had to be a dead shank.

2 Likes

One of our clubs former assistant pros is now at Little Turtle and the first time I played there I asked where the range was. He just pointed thru one of the doors attached to the pro shop…which led to their simulator! :joy:

3 Likes

I hit a power line at the Fairfield City tournament a couple years back. Striped one right down the middle. Next shot (have to replay it) I snap hooked one out of bounds. Still salty.

Count me in as well, @Magis00! So much pent-up golf demand babyyyy!

4 Likes

Curios what is driving you to Tartan? I absolutely love the course but the latest ownership group doesn’t appear to have their stuff together. I’ve also heard good and bad about the membership.

If I ever left Scioto Reserve/Kinsale I would highly consider it but realistically would probably go to Wedgewood due to concerns on ownership.

3 Likes

Fortunately for me after I striped the first one I striped the second one almost exactly the same.

I played in a CDGA event at RR last year and my tee shot hit the power line on 16 and had to re-tee (luckily it was a good one) . I don’t know why they move the tees up and call it a long par 4.

Wedgewood is so pure. Grew up playing it from opening year 89 to 06 when my dad left for Reserve/Kinsale. Joe does such a good job on the greens. Truly blessed as a kid to play it for years.

2 Likes

I’m surprised you didn’t see the sign that day on 14. That’s when I took the picture!

Yeah, I love Wedgewood and now that I no longer living in Scioto Reserve my house is closer to Wedgewood (although my drive back to SRCC and Kinsale are less than 7 minutes).

With that said I have 16 seasons of playing at those courses and I know most of the members fairly well. Also, love having two courses available.

1 Like

My buddy’s dad is still a member at Wedgewood, he takes me out there every year- I just gotta get the doc a handle of Tito’s and he’s good.

I’ve played a bunch at Reserve/Kinsale. Through my pops and I knew the assistant greenskeeper at Scioto and hed get me out for some weed. Easy play there.

2 Likes

I have a good number of friends and acquaintances at Wedgewood. Some of my new neighbors are social members and play occasionally. Definitely planning on starting to play their multiple times per year.

Our former GM who is a good friend is now the GM there too. At one point they also had one of our former assistant pros and two or three service staff members. Felt like Scioto Reserve south.

1 Like

Initially, it is just that I know a few of the members and they would be a regular group to play with.

Beyond having played the course before 3-4 times, I don’t have much insight in to things like ownership.

My main focus is playing and I do really enjoy the course but for my family, gotta keep the Ms. happy …and they have a great pool area.

The members we do know have kids that are the same age as ours too, so that is obviously the main social draw for us. That they can go to the pool together, etc.

I would be open to looking elsewhere but everyone probably knows how the social aspect of these things is, if you have a wife and kids. My wife isn’t going to care if there is better management somewhere, if none of the parents she knows or none of the kids that know my daughter / son are not there.

1 Like

I kinda guess that would be response. I love the place, recently some of the things I had heard or seen just didn’t seem to make sense. With that said I haven’t been over there for about 4 years so it’s all stuff I’ve heard.

1 Like

My brother in law has been a member there for I think 3 years now and he is a very no none sense type. Ditto for my sister. Not the typical crotchety CC complainers but just people who would not be sticking around if there were problems. I can’t give a personal endorsement other than that, so maybe in the last few years they have sorted out some of the issues.