Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

While I can’t speak about the Columbus location, I recently went through a fitting in Cleveland and purchased a set of Titleist T200s with KBS 115 x-stiff shafts.

Since you’re doing the fitting for data, I’d make sure you hit just about everything so you have a solid sense of what’s out there and what feels best. You’ll definitely get the upsell on buying from them so he prepared for that, too

Who fit you and how was the experience? I have a fitting scheduled there next week.

Greg did the fitting and it was absolutely dope. I didn’t feel pressured at all and he basically let me hit whatever I wanted to start out. I was pretty agnostic about what I wanted and I think that led to a lot of options. I hit basically everything from a blade to a huge game improvement-type face.

One thing that I think they (the fitters) do to try and truly figure out where to start is they ask how many times you play a week. Whatever you answer, that’s where they get the idea and then one way or the other.

1 Like

A friend of mine is the GM at a course just outside Louisville, Ky. on the I71 corridor going toward Cincinnati. He will be retiring at the end of 2021 and they are looking for an Assistant General Manager to come in and learn the ropes from him for the year and hopefully take over in 2022. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can point you toward the best way to apply.

@Magis00 Have room for another on the WhatsApp/other platform thread? I live in Cincinnati but play mostly with friends from Columbus and Dayton. Hoping to stay more local this year. Would love to join up!

2 Likes

Just looked at passes for Memorial tournament. Never been to a PGA event, anyone planning on trying to go?

3 Likes

Go Flyers

3 Likes

I go every year

Go Flyers!! What a great college, a great city.

I moved to Cincinnati because I was sick of the drive to work, but sometimes I wish I hadn’t. The city is great, but the Dayton public golf scene is superb and I find myself driving to Dayton to play with fellow Flyers fairly often. Yankee Trace, Heatherwood, Meadowbrook, Pipestone, and even Community is a decent little ‘strapped’ track. The Gem City is a public golf Mecca.

1 Like

I did the commute from Cinci to Dayton for a while. I thought for a while I was going to move down there, but then I met a girl so I ended up finding a job back in Dayton. That being said, I still need to get down there and play Blue Ash and Avon.

I can’t get any of my friends to play Meadowbrook with me because they’re big babies. If you ever want to play it let me know and I’d be happy to join you.

1 Like

Go Flyers!

3 Likes

The University of Dayton contingent taking over this thread.

2 Likes

If you’re able to go on Thursday or Friday, would recommend one of those days. The weekend can get crowded. Any day is great but really enjoy a nice Friday there.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of flyers in this thread! I’m up in CLE now but during non-covid times i’m in dayton/cincy regularly. I was just talking with a client last week trying to figure out a way to get onto Moraine CC.

2 Likes

I’ve been in Dayton since I started at UD in 1997. I worked at NCR as an intern while I was in college. Since then I’ve been trying to play Moraine and NCR with 0 success. I always get outbid on the charity auctions at the last second. It’s a void I haven’t been able to fill.

Typically I’m all in, that’s a tough weekend for me as my son has a baseball tournament. Keep doing these things, they sound fun.

My wife is from Dayton (I grew up in Springfield) and my FIL was able to get me on Moraine last year. That was awesome. Pretty interesting to hear the mixed feedback from the members on the tree removal.

For Christmas this year, my MIL got my BIL and me rounds of golf via charity auctions. He got NCR and I got Dayton Country Club. Looking to knock those off of the list this year.

2 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time I have been sniped out of a NCR country club auction I could probably afford to be a member at NCR.

I’m super disappointed COIVD is killing fish fry SZN because I was always deep into bidding on those CC outings.

1 Like

Fairfield here.
Hamilton Co courses great deal. You just have to book 7-10 days in advance. Miami
Whitewater is my favorite. You won’t go wrong with The Mill either. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yea buddy! DM sent.

1 Like