Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Welcome! Glad to see our west side contingent growing. Parma Heights here.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience with Greg or Chad as far as lessons go at Bunker Hill? Met Chad tonight at the simulators and he seemed pretty nice. He took the time to explain all my horrible stats when I set up the simulator for first time.

Hey new guys or guys who haven’t seen this…

1 Like

Per Refuge regulations, all planning for Duels to the Death are permitted no more than one month of time to prepare. (This is both invented bs and so far 100% accurate.) I’d say keep your eyes peeled for Sep/Oct … unless we want to do a Spring outing???

2 Likes

I am!

I got a last minute OK to take the afternoon off so I went looking for a tee time…

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Every public course in the Miami Valley is booked. I’m not surprised with the weather and the short daylight window but dang.

2 Likes

Ended up scoring a tee time at WGC in Xenia. I had never played the course before but I enjoyed it. A little tight but I enjoyed the course.

I was supposed to get paired up with a 2some but they didn’t show. So I asked the 3some behind me if I could join and they said no. Then when the 2some behind them invited me to join they jumped us in line.

But I enjoyed the course.

1 Like

I always find it funny when people don’t let you join them on the golf course. When I was new to the game, I was apprehensive about playing with people I didn’t know, but I can’t imagine just telling them no.

That being said, I think courses should force people to join up, if possible. There’s a local muni that is notorious for singles and twosomes. If you are a foursome, you will probably let 5 groups play through. It’s terrible

5 Likes

Conditions were tough out there today at Sleepy Hollow. Full on snow 10th into the 11th hole after cold rain most of the front 9

Topped a punch shot that took a bounce off a root straight up in the air, then came to rest in a tree left of 11 which was a nice addition of insult to injury :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

It slows the overall feeling of pace, too. Sometimes a 3:45 round “feels” slower than a 4:15 round.

1 Like

Impressive - it was nasty in Cleveland today!

Wow, there’s being a sicko then being a siiiccckoo. Good on you. Wouldn’t have thought they’d be open.

The forecast was cold but dry the last time I looked, thankfully brought the umbrella holder thing. The wind never really whipped which would have been no fun. Also a little surprised they were open. Have a tee time at Fox Den next Saturday but it’s a coin flip it’ll happen

1 Like

Sleepy is no easy walk either, cheers man.

This has some interest in NWPA and WNY. Could make for some fun matches!

Say hi to Big Money for me. Best caddie I’ve ever had.

1 Like

He was the first caddie I had ever played with and was such a joy.

I was playing like dogshit through three holes and he told me, “Listen big man, if you don’t calm the fuck down and loosen up a bit, you’re not going to have any fun today.” It was sage advice.

3 Likes

Took them to Cappy’s this week. Turn around time was super quick.

8 Likes

Hello Ohio! As Joe has mentioned myself (Western New York) and a few other from the PA area are planning to have some matches/refuge meetups next year. First one of the year is looking like Whispering Woods in Erie, PA sometime in early June. Send me a message with contact info (Name, email, phone) if you would be interested in joining and I will add you to the google sheet we have going for the event.

Would like to get some help from the Ohio thread in organizing a meetup in the Cleveland area. I’ll keep an eye on this thread here and there to monitor the replies. If you would like help organizing please message me and I will add you to the Google sheet to help track the attendees.

The thought is we can then do a Buffalo event to compliment the Cleveland and Erie events.

3 Likes

Afternoon guise! The Midwest East RACDG is being split up and the NW Ohio /Detroit/ if you feel geographically it makes sense for you is giving it a go. We have started a WhatsApp if you want to join in on the bullshittery.

Cheers and hope to see some of y’all soon for some g.

Jono