Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

East side of CLE and new to the site. Member at Canterbury Golf Club - Herbert Strong designed track host of every United States major amateur, professional, and senior.

17 Likes

Welcome! After name-dropping your club, you’ve just made a few new friends in this thread…
I’ve got a couple of friends that play the Picard Cup every year and they say nothing but great things about the club and course.

3 Likes

@DingleJones looks like another CLE weekend is in the cards for 2021

3 Likes

I want in on this as well :joy::joy:

1 Like

Welcome! We have quite a few east-siders on the forum. I’m down in Medina but enjoy the trek to the eastside on occasion. Glad to have another Clevelander represented. I’ve met some GREAT people through this thread alone in the past year and hope you have the same experience.

1 Like

Awesome!!! I am moving down to Bath area relatively soon and will be joining Portage as well. Love the NEOH tracks.

1 Like

Definitely a bold entrance lol. Welcome!

2 Likes

Coming in strong! You just made a lot of new friends like Grant said. You’ve got an amazing club and Bill is one of the best pros I’ve ever met. Welcome to the page.

1 Like

I used to live in bath! Never got a chance to play Portage but have heard great things. Fairlawn CC is around there too but isn’t quite on the level of portage. With that being said, when i was in Bath we were members over at Silver Lake. While not the same cache as portage (and lacks tennis, etc), the course was one of my favorites in the area.

When you move to bath, you’ve gotta hit Gasoline Alley for a fatboy burger and get to the valley for R Shea (i’ll be your tour guide if needed!).

1 Like

Welcome! I’ve heard nothing but great things about both Canterbury and Portage. Both incredibly important clubs, historically, in NE Ohio. Welcome to the Refuge. There are a few of us in the Summit/Portage area.

Dang. Missed out on this. Moraine looks amazing

Lol I am actually getting very excited to plan that again this year. Sounds like it may be just a bit sweeter in 2021 tho

4 Likes

Welcome…now accept your punishment for the double whammy name drop: hosting a few of us nutjobs as guests. We’re wearing whatever we want and I’ll be dropping as many Al Czervik lines as humanly possible.

tenor

4 Likes

Glad to see Kenwood still pure even after that snow

5 Likes

I’m up for a game anytime you like when we get back to spring/summer weather.

New to the nest as of this weekend but have been listening and watching the boys for some time. Local to NE Ohio, currently live in North Royalton but am moving in March. Likely back towards city in Lakewood or Tremont area. Played regularly at least once a week this season mostly at Coppertop, Bunker Hill, Valley of the Eagles, GreyHawk, Mallard Creek, etc. Occasionally play the Metropark courses but they were too much of a hassle to get out on most of the year. Handicap is around 15-18 I think but I still have to enter a huge stack of cards into 18 birdies.

5 Likes

New to the Nest here as well, live in Cincinnati and work in Kettering (non-COVID times at least…). Any recommendations for places to take my pops as a retirement gift? Golfed most of the higher-priced Public Courses in Cincy-area, looking to keep travel within 5 hour drive

1 Like

Brickyard Crossing in Indy would be a good option, maybe look into going to French Lick Resort in southern Indiana.

1 Like

Welcome. I used to do your commute the other way. I lived in Kettering and worked in Blue Ash.

Sweetens is within a 5 hour drive? That crazy Pete Dye course in French Lick, IN? The Virtues/ Eagle Sticks east of Columbus?

2 Likes

You should do Sweetens

1 Like