Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Welcome to the show! Love to see the game growing in Ohio.

Throwing this out to whoever might need plans tomorrow’s beautiful afternoon, I just had my playing partners bail and have a 1:18pm tee time at Bunker Hill. 3 openings now, its just me. Weather is going to be perfect by November’s standards.

I played 18 at Dayton Community today. Is it the best golf course in the world? Hell no. But I forgot how much I enjoy the outside (hills) course. I hadn’t played it in ages and really enjoyed it.

Plus I shot my best score in decades, which doesn’t hurt the cause.

5 Likes

Anything resembling outdoor golf this time of year is a positive. If it turns out to be a great round even better!

It was a perfect day to take PTO and go launch em. Playing again tomorrow!

1 Like

any day is a good day to pull pto for golf haha

1 Like

Man I’d love to but I’m playing Sunday already and can’t do two days in a row with a wrist issue currently. Have fun!

Be sure to stop by planted flag after the round for a beer! My fav new brewery in the medina area.

Who needs a lesson after Altamont?

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/lesson-with-brad-smith-the-golf-doctor/39889?u=methridge

Also have a 3 Ball at Kenwood. Kendale renovation is complete and looks sick.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/kenwood-country-club-3-ball/39888?u=methridge

Looking for a pro in SW Ohio for lessons for my wife. I am going to get my wife a few lessons for Christmas. Looking for a good reasonable pro in the SW Ohio are. The obvious easy choice around us is meadow links.

I am not a member yet of any club so that won’t work. Would need to be at a public course I think?

Any have any first hand experience with lessons in the area that are accessible? Would probably do a package of 3-5 lessons.

Do you want your wife to learn the basics? Or do you want someone to work with her existing swing?

1 Like

Melissa and/or Larry at Tri County golf ranch are legit.

2 Likes

Start with the basics. She has been playing for a couple years but it is all self taught. I’m not good enough to learn her. Just started shooting in the 90s a few times late this year.

If you want the basics, I think GolfTec is pretty good. Pretty traditional approach to the swing and seeing yourself on video is always nice. Plus, if your wife would be more comfortable with a female instructor, they have one available.

1 Like

My SIL took a lesson from Melissa and really enjoyed it. My wife and I get lessons from Larry, he’s a great coach.

3 Likes

Word. Thanks for the insights fellas.

Anybody know of someone to stamp my wedges in the NE are (I live in Cuyahoga Falls). Looking to get my new set up stamped in the offseason.

I know that Cappys Club Repair in Westlake does it. Haven’t been there yet but I have heard good things.

Hello everyone. I booked a tee time at safari golf in Columbus tomorrow for 18 holes at 11:18. I have two spots left due to cancellation and was wondering if anyone wanted to join up. Greens fees are $40 and includes a cart.
Weather looks great so it should be a really good day.
Thanks
Joe

3 Likes

go to harbor freight and grab a set of stamps! I did mine a few months back and it was a lot of fun

The Mrs and I officially booked our trip to pinehurst for the summer. If any Ohio folk are planning on going in Late June let me know.

2 Likes