Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Blue Ash
Legendary Run
Elks Run
or Lassing Pointe just over the river in KY.

Playing at 9:50 tomorrow morning at Avon if anyone is interested

Thank you!

Anyone playing on Sunday in Columbus area?

@Twowaymiss and I have 2 spots available at Mentel on Sunday at 2 PM if you and anyone else want to join!

3 Likes

I’m in- Appreciate it boys. Looking forward to playing. Haven’t touched a club since my last seizure a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Sounds good! Still have 1 more spot for anyone interested in Columbus!

1 Like

Ahoy Ohio. Looking for a greater Cleveland area course reco for 7/17. Plans still somewhat fluid, but attempting to get together with a cousin who is relatively new to golf. Looking for a course that isn’t going to crush his soul. We’ll be coming from opposite sides of the city, so pretty flexible on location. TIA!

Manakiki or Sleepy Hollow would be two great options.

3 Likes

My only point of debate on those two are they can kick a new golfer’s ass. Don’t get me wrong, they’re fantastic and usually in great shape.

4 Likes

Yea those courses will be long rounds and he’ll hate golf when he leaves them. Cleveland area golf that is fun for all levels, and a good little hang might be Little Met. Just played this morning, if it was dry it would have been in good shape. Just a lot of rain last night. Very low pressure 9 holes. You want to step up to a big boy 18 hole course, I’d go simple. Valleaire, Forest Hills, Ridgewood down in Parma. This time of year the high level courses will be super dialed, fast greens, thick rough and lots of people.

3 Likes

Or Big Met for that matter if you want a little larger ballpark and 18 holes in a relatively straightforward simple layout

5 Likes

Appreciate all the courses to look up and the advice from everyone. Looks like we’re playing Monday (7/18) now, so hopefully that opens up our options.

@Browcoww77 apologies on behalf of the other 3/4 of the first group out at Brookledge.

I did not have it in me to chap asses on a holiday weekend about pace on the greens with otherwise pleasant randos, though I should have. 4:15 is shameful

1 Like

If anyone in NEO is looking for a deal to join PCM

I’ve got the 5th off work and my wife doesn’t. Trying to find a place to play since I have a feeling most tee times are booked up.

Hello all:

I’ve got a buddies trip coming up later this month. We’re staying in Youngstown and playing the courses listed below, I hoped some folks in here might be able to confirm that the courses are in good shape this season. Just want to make sure that nobody has had a disaster and lost greens, etc…anyone play any of these lately?

Youngstown CC

Pine Lakes CC

Mill Creek South

Firestone

1 Like

Apologies if any of you saw the crash landing of the figure flying too close to the sun at manakiki this morning. It was not a soft landing.

4 Likes

Touched the sun with the tap in bird at 7 yesterday; paid the price

3 Likes