Roll Call: Northwest Arkansas

Hello all. I know this is a NW Arkansas thread but I’ve seen some central Arkansas posts on here as well. I’m a new nest member and live in Benton. Would love to meet up and play with some of you all this year. I generally play down at Hot Springs Village but can certainly meet up in LR as well.

1 Like

Glad to hear everyone is safe so far. Was on my way to the airport when the warning came over my phone. Didn’t hear a single siren up here in Bentonville.

Also, welcome @HogsCJL. Would love to link up if I’m ever down in the area.

EDIT: Typo

1 Like

I’m in North Little Rock. Burns Park is my go to. Or the crappy 9 hole executive course at Rebsamen.

1 Like

Hey All- I’m going to be in Bentonville for a wedding this upcoming weekend. Requesting recommendations for the best bbq in town. I stumbled on Whole Hog Cafe and have also heard Wrights. I’m sure it’s hard to go wrong, but would love to hear if I’m missing anything. Many thanks.

Wrights is the go to. Grab you a texas trinity plate and a shiner, sit on the patio and have yourself a time. Taking the family there this weekend for Saturday lunch as well.

2 Likes

Wright’s it is. Appreciate the guidance. If you see a couple dressed up east coasters looking out of place, feel free to say hello.

Wrights and it’s not close

Super long shot……
Anyone in the area got a pair of golf shoes size 13 or 14
They are looking to sell for super cheap?

Wife (and myself) forgot the extra bag we packed and it had my golf shoes in it and my tennis shoes. So all I have is knock off burkinstock and chacos

you have prime?

1 Like

Going to be in Bell Vista for a family renunion (womp) for labor day weekend. Would like to play one of the courses I grew up playing when we vacationed. Out of Highlands, Scottsdale, or Country Club which is the better pick these days?

Country club is definitely the most well maintained course. Scottsdale feels like two different courses front 9 vs back 9 but its definitely the easiest. Highlands is a long track with some fun holes but its been a couple years since I last played it.

1 Like

Hey all. Brand new to NWA. Haven’t played a round in a year, and I see this thread hasn’t been live in a year, but worth a shot.

What are the best courses in NWA? What about driving ranges?

Welcome to NWA. Where at in NWA are you located? For driving ranges there is one in Bella Vista. Tanyard Creek I believe is the name.Never been to it so not sure if its good or not. In Lowell is First Tee. Driving range gets really a ton of use so it can get beat up but has a nice short game area and putting green. Stonebridge Meadows Golf course in Fayetteville has a pretty good driving range. Unfortunately all the best courses in the area are private. For public courses the Bella Vista Poa has 5 courses that are all good and 2 nine hole courses. There is StoneBridge Meadows which i like a lot south of Fayetteville and The Creeks in Cave Springs. I personally hate The Creeks. If i hate to rank my top 3 1. Scotsdale 2. Bella Vista Country Club 3.Stonebridge.

Nice. Thanks for all that. I am in Springdale for the time being, but moving to Fayetteville to be closer to work in mid-September.

Best option in Fayetteville would be Stonebridge. Good range weekend prices have gotten a little crazy but it’s a good course. If you ever want to tee it up let me know.

Welcome to the neighborhood @jnf2257! @Whitebro pretty much covered it but I will add that Lost Springs and Fayetteville Athletic Club are part of the Lindsey network and are relatively cost friendly. If you need some to go swing with let me know!

Welcome to NWA! Plenty of options around here that Brock covered. Don’t hesitate to reach out. I’ve been too busy to play much lately, but fall golf around here is great.

Did they renamed Paradise Valley to Fayetteville Athletic Club?

I believe its still Paradise Valley. It is near Fayetteville Athletic Club so they could have joined them. You use to be able to play Paradise Valley once a year but I think its completely private now. I could be wrong though.

If anyone has a couple days in October to watch some college golf and volunteer at the Blessings Collegiate Invitational follow the link below. I have done it since 2020 and its a blast to do. Last year I think they were short volunteers. You do get some swag for volunteering and its a joy to watch them get there teeth kicked in out there.

1 Like